overdrives (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Yes I crawled undernieth my cruiser and I have a (fairy winches ltd ) overdrive unit and I can't get any information on it I guess the company went out of buisness and superwinch took over but I'm not getting any info ???

Wayne, I'm curious what your overdrive looks like and what transmission/transfer its on. I just got a 60 with a Fairy installed. The aft section of the trasfer case is different than stock and the overdrive is an integral part of the transfer. It works great, but I can't find enough information about it. Let me know if you find a good source of info. Thanks.

Don't worry Trev when I find out I will let you know.It mounts on the back of the tranny at an angle and is square shaped. It may work I just don't know yet

man that would be nice...bolt on overdrive. on the three speed case, it is on the back, and is a pita to remove, because it requires dissassembly of just about everything. on the split case, from what i hear, it replaces the back side of the case and is intigrated into that. hope this helps you out a little.

-Max

I do have the integrated one with my 4-speed. Anybody know anything about operating limitations? I know some overdrives such as the one that Mark's in AUS sells cannot be used in the lower gears due to torque limitations.

Hi Trev I've looked all over and superwinch has a bunch of dipshits working for them,But I searched fairey overdrives and found a company that sounds like they know what thay are talking about.The place is called rds for landrovers but they carry the crap there #is 504 248 5301 I'm going to take pic of mine tonight since I don't have the model#. hope this helps

Next I think I will have to go for a diff tranny. Because these units are expensive bastards good thing I didn't buy It

Ah thank god for the 4 bolt ranger overdrive for my chev converstion, total of 8 bolts and its on :flipoff2:

Thanks. I looked for their website but couldn't find it. Are you still having clutch problems? I'm sure you have a different overdrive with that 3 spd, but I can't see how it is related to your clutch problem. Your overdrive is mounted on the rear of the transfer, right?

Yes that is correct.I don't no if this is the prob but thought I should look into it as well.Ihave a couple more things to try tonight.I called sor and they used to sell them he thinks he may have some info to If he does hewill send me a copy.

when I got home tonight ther was a message on the machine from sor and they are going to send me some paperwork on my overdrive unit so as soon as I get it Ican give It to others if they want It.

I think that this was mentioned before, but Rovers Down South (www.roversdownsouth.com) carries a bunch of parts for the Land Rover Fairey overdrives. You might try contacting them about the Land Cruiser ones. The guy that owns the place is really cool. One of the guys that I wheel with buys a lot of stuff from him. He may be able to import parts also if you need them.

Sport

Thanks sport, I'll check them out. Wayne_FJ40 if that paperwork includes any info on the overdrive for the 4spd with split transfer let me know. Thanks guys.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom