Outdoor Gear-Love and Hates (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Looking good Michael!

Since we're sharing tent pictures....here's mine drying out in the garage after last weekend. The Elite Weathermaster wasn't so "elite" at keeping the rain out. Think I need to retreat it, its starting its 3rd season...

IMG_0541.JPG

That’s a nic tent Chris. Maybe it just needs a rain fly.

It has one, it’s just not in the picture...rain soaked through the fly. Retreating it should help.

It sure did, I can’t recall a time I’ve been out there when it’s been sloppier...it just wouldn’t let up for long

We’ll see if this helps. Used the whole can on the rain fly. Garage smells like it will catch on fire if I look at it the wrong way!

D7683E17-A084-45B5-B18E-DDD6A6EA04F5.jpeg

Well, the scotchgard worked. Set up the tent in the rain at the Relic Run with help from @76 FJ40 and a couple other folks, but once the tent was up no more water game through, good expenditure of 13 bucks.

Today though I spent a bunch of time washing mud off the tent and drying it in the garage again....roof top or truck bed tents start to look better to me every time I have to wash mud out of mine...

Well, the scotchgard worked. Set up the tent in the rain at the Relic Run with help from @76 FJ40 and a couple other folks, but once the tent was up no more water game through, good expenditure of 13 bucks.

Today though I spent a bunch of time washing mud off the tent and drying it in the garage again....roof top or truck bed tents start to look better to me every time I have to wash mud out of mine...
I have read lots of hate on the RTT that flap a lot in the wind. Mike's and Roma's seem to be the best type. Little more $$.
I think we just need to rent a big RV and pull multiple cruisers
:steer::zilla::hillbilly::grinpimp:

On the Love List:
-Estwing Hatchet. My dad had one growing up now I have one of my own.
-Collins axe. I’ve abused this too much but I really like it.
-Coleman two-burner gas stove. Nuf said
-Coleman gas lanterns.
-Jetboil stove. Great for showing off speedy boiling technique. Plus I'm an engineer so I love how it's designed to fit into its own water cup.
-Cabelas Alaskan Guide tent. Bought it last year for my family of 4 with pack n play for baby, worked so great. Looked at the West Wind and thought it would be too drafty for Colorado. The Alaskan Guide might be too hot for lower elevations but so far so good. And it has cup holders!
-MSR 2-3 person 3/4 season tent. 15 years old and going strong! Great high school graduation present.
-CODACO PRODUCTS metal folding chair. My dad had/has one of these, so when I found a matching one at a garage sale I had to have it!
1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

I’m sure there’s more, have to think harder about the Hate List.

Last edited:
Awning room from ARB. Excellent product in the $200 range. No brainer if you already have the awning.
Easy to setup and take down. Similar to RTT but grounded
20170402_180803.jpg
20170402_180258.jpg

-Cabelas Alaskan Guide tent. Bought it last year for my family of 4 with pack n play for baby, worked so great. Looked at the West Wind and thought it would be too drafty for Colorado. The Alaskan Guide might be too hot for lower elevations but so far so good. And it has cup holders!

I've been looking at these as a possible replacement for my Coleman. Seems like it'd be too hot for a big part of the year here, but probably good for the spring events. Didn't know it had cup holders, that is a useful feature!

I've been looking at these as a possible replacement for my Coleman. Seems like it'd be too hot for a big part of the year here, but probably good for the spring events. Didn't know it had cup holders, that is a useful feature!

It does have a lot of windows and a back door you can open up to get cross-ventilation, but it is a dark green at the same time so it absorbs heat.

I think any tent is too hot during our June through Sept months.
Eno is the way to go during that time. probably need the bug net :barefoot:

Found a great deal on Craigslist.
Very lightly used Mad River Adventure 16 ft canoe.
Rides great on the 100 and adds a pretty good cool factor as well. I plan to get some good use out of this. Has 3 seats for the family.
I wanted kayaks but this holds more beer:hillbilly:
20181216_151501.jpg

Last edited:
My new Aioks (all in one kitchen system) finally arrived. This is the new kitchen kit from iKamper. I was hoping to try it out at GSMTR last weekend but that didn’t happen. Hopefully I’ll get to use it soon.

E85939DE-876F-4DCE-9B49-3EE6883C6BC8.jpeg
E3B3857B-BA03-4B64-8A76-1B122FA539C9.jpeg
0DF70C9F-50FF-4032-91EC-E39B0F105B94.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom