Ouch !!! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

MANUCHAO

omnia mea mecum porto
Threads
So, I come out out of my sisters house to see a guy back right into my sweet truck.:eek: :crybaby:
Lots of damage to the driver door.
It drops about half an inch when you open the door...

Its not a good day.......:mad: :mad: :mad:

Here are some pics....
PA070009 (Small).JPG
PA070010 (Small).JPG

Sorry to see that Manuchao. Did the guy have insurance (you gotta ask that question in SoCal)? Did you ever
get your power steering problem worked out?

Dynosoar

Hey Dynosoar.

Yeah he did, he insisted on not getting the insurance involved..
Im glad I did not go that way as he offered to pay $1,000 and the estimate is $1,800+. (I know nothing about body/paint work but that seems like a lot.)
I took it to two shops recommended by the insurance co.
The first shop stated they could not warrant the work as the truck is more than 15 years old.
The second shop -- http://www.landgenterprises.com/ --does a lot a work on 4x4 and on pain/body work.
I havent dealt with the power steering just yet.
I did call the place yah suggested and will take the gear box to have it rebuilt and probably get me a new PS pump.
I also need to rebuilt my carburator (its running fine) but I know its never been rebuilt. I have heard of Jim C in here but I dont know if I can do without wheels for that long.
I think now that its going to be in the shop I probably have the time to do most of it if not all...

What does the year of the vehicle have to do with backing up paint and body work? That's rediculous! I'd buy a new door and take it somewhere to get painted.

Not sure how it is in Cali, but here in Colorado it has been warned against to go to an insurance companies reccomended choice, not always but a lot. Most of the time an independant shop will take a little more pride in their work and fight the insurance company to get all oem parts, no used parts etc. I'm not talking bad about any insurance company or body shop, but I did work in a body shop and learned a little bit on this subject.

Bummer about the door! - I'm sure if he's that bad of a driver he doesn't want to get his insurance involved (again I'll bet). I agree with Reobon, get a new door and take it to someone that cares about there work.

How can you not see something that big and blue when you are backing up?????
Sorry to hear of the damage. Find a second hand door, strip it down and paint
it yourself and use the left over for other unfinished stuff....

To keep the cost down, see if you can get a door from Cruiserparts.net, install it, then take it in to be painted and have the surrounding area blended to match the new paint on the door. I'm doing that with my hood that was destroyed. Saving about 300 bucks on the bodywork by doing so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom