Oscram CoPilot L MAP LIGHT INSTALL (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Here's a quick and easy one...

The map light in the 80 Series is great for everyone BUT the driver when he/she is driving at night.

I went to my local law enforcement supply store and picked up the 22" inch permanent mount OSCRAM CoPILOT L Map Light. These are made in Germany and are high quality. I paid $33, but found them on the net for $27 here (caveot, I am in no way associated with this place).

Installation was a breeze. More so due to I had a hot wire already there for my flashlight and CB. Everything else was installed in about 6 minutes.

Note the clip it comes with which I mounted on the side of the radio bezel. This is the 22" model, they also come in 8.5 and 15" model, as well as some cigar mount models.

This is really a quarter :banana: install.

When I mount my laptop, this will be great at night for lighting up the keyboard as well.

My night photography skills smell, but you get a little look at how it illuminates the interior with no other lights on. Will be great for the wife when traveling and I won't drive off the road (unintentionally) in the meantime!!
lightweb3.jpg
lightweb1.jpg
lightweb2.jpg

Last edited:
really cool, affordable and useful! I love doing little mods like that in my cruiser...

cc93cruiser said:
really cool, affordable and useful! I love doing little mods like that in my cruiser...

Yeah, I contiplated even posting it cause it's so small and kina silly, but what the heck. It's lame being old, what else is one to do on a Friday night.

I could do this if I could find the wire. The p/o had a cb down there, and left the antenna wire, but I can't find the power wire. Maybe he was plugging his cb into the lighter?

Anyways it's inspirational. Definitely not too simple to post in my opinion.

Thanks,

David

I have the same light mounted in the same spot in mine. I love it. This is the third Cruiser I've put one in. A friend of mine runs one in his 40 and his is mounted mid dash and he swings it over to light up his speedo because the 40s just don't have the brightest gauge cluster lighting. I have some colored diffusers. I never use them though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom