For Sale ORIGINAL MECHANICAL WINCH (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
RARE FOR SALE, Original mechanical winch for LandCruiser from 1960 to 1984
Complete with winch, leveler, PTO, shaft and yoke.
It works and was removed from my 83 BJ 45.
It's heavy so freight shipping might be the only option.
Those are hard to find.
Asking $3000 + shipping

P1110820_zps8fsqvg6i.jpg

Last edited:
I didn't see the bracket to mount the drive shaft driveline at the front. Wedges to mount the winch. Besides the cable for the drum do not see the chain and hook for the end. All those parts are NLA as far as I know. The PTO itself came in three different styles during those years. 61 to mid 63. Mid 63 to 7/80. Then 8/80 +. Then in 10/82 the shifter mounted to the front side of the PTO. Looks like yours is for the mid 63- 7/80. Driveline looks like 1/79-10/82 For any FJ40 prior to 1/79 it will require some clearance in the front frame member. Earlier shaft went straight thru. 1/79 the driveshaft was mount to the side frame rail and went thru at a angle. The winch itself it pretty much the same thru the years but the rest made a number of changes. All but the PTO the rest looks like it could have come from 8/80-10/82.

The winch was mounted on a 1983 BJ45 and was used before removal.
Truck had no power steering and the shaft was running in an angle as you said.
The cable, chain and hood are provided with the sale. NLA in the US but can be found in Europe.
The frame for the winch was custom made so no wedges.
I left on the truck the mounting bracket for the shaft and that's available online as well.

Posting a picture of the cable, chain and hook will help. I see it can be purchased online but only find it as complete set for $1,200+ plus shipping which wouldn't be cheap. Would be nice to find the chain and hook sold separately. Cost of shipping would be a fraction of the cable. What is a mystery is the PTO that looks like it from a one piece transfer case. I heard that the three speed that was still available after 8/80 but got the split case. I can find listings for the three speed in the late BJ45s but not the one piece transfer case.:meh: Just too bad Toyota USA has made the decision to not support it's customers with parts that are available in other markets. Instead have to order and paid shipping from around the world in many cases for parts that were sold here in the past.:bang:

GLWS

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom