For Sale Oregon: 1FZ-FE Oil pump bushings and install tools (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
1FZ-FE Oil pump drive gear bushing and install tool. Sadly these are only available in a new block, and there are only a couple sources in the aftermarket. I ended up carving one for myself out at work, and decided to finish three more. In my used block with new drive gear I ended up with 0.002" worth of oil clearance, if you have a unique situation I can run a couple more with you given dimension. Just make sure you use real tools to measure, a pair of calipers will not suffice. I am not a business and there is no warranty, but I will make sure that you end up with an item to your satisfaction.

These have the same oiling grooves as the original, and I included a slight lip to get them started squarely. $110 shipped for one bushing and tool. Contact me or post below with any questions you may have.

20220705_171025.jpg

20220705_162302.jpg
20220705_162836.jpg

How does one determine the correct clearances, both for installation (?freeze the bushing before installation) and for correct operation ie: at operating temperature?? IDK.

Expansion of brass is greater than the block, so it will grow with the block. Diametrical difference between block and shaft is so close they will grow at a similar rate, so again negligible. I shoot for 0.001-0.0015 interference on the bushing, and 0.0015-0.0025 worth of oil clearance for this size of shaft. And to aid installation I freeze the bushing on the tool, then tap it in.

Should probably do some real research but this is what has worked for me in the past, so I will continue to stick with it. But I'm sure the first person to follow this will have terrible luck, and the only thing to uncross the streams will be wagons full of Labrador puppies.

~Matt

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom