Orbit Eye/RE Joint Spring Hangers (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I want to fab up a new rear shackle hanger so I can get my 55 springs onto my 40. Instead of flipping the stock hanger, I plan on making one with Rubicon Express Superflex joints. IIRC the larger joint has a body width of 2 5/8" which should be just about perfect. I figure some 2 - 2.25 box tubing and a hole saw and I shouild be good to go.

Anyone else do this or consider it?

I used jonny joints for the upper mounts on my rear springs, it gives them a lot of freedom to twist and move.

I can e-mail you pictures tomorrow, if you would like.

Tony

That's what I am talking about.

Do you think it helped with articulation or rig stability?

All Pro sells them for minis, and gets and extra 1" of articulation - not a lot, but for around $75 and an hour of my time, it might be worth it.

Post the pics!

Jim

Howdy Jim.... I have a pair of the RE joints that I am going to use on the axle ends of a front torque bar for the truggy. In looking at them, I think your idea is a good one. I am not sure how long they will last, but replacement cost is not high, so go for it. They should not decrease stability very much, and if they do a sway bar should correct it.

Here is a pic of just what you are proposing. This rig belongs to Roc Dog on the Pirate BB. You might pose your questions directly to him.

Jim,

My set-up is identical to the picture posted above.

I got all my parts from the guys at All-pro. The joints are fully rebuildable at a fairly low cost.
My camera is acting up, I will get you pics as soon as it gets fixed.

Tony

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom