For Sale or TRADE '79 Pig Rolling Chasis (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Far from perfect, but a good start. Not a lot of rust, no rot on the floorboards, just some holes below the doors. No engine, no tranny, no transfer case. Disc brake front end, reupholstered front seat in camoflauge material, and some power steering components. Good glass except the windshield. Clear AZ title in my name. Have a few spare parts. I'm not looking to part this out as of yet. Need to room to remodel part of the garage. Located in Glendale, AZ 85305. I'll post up recent pics in a bit, but here's a thread with some from awhile back.

https://forum.ih8mud.com/fj55-iron-...ety/333757-so-begins-pig-build-adventure.html

$650.00 obo

Trade options: I'm looking for some AT's or MT's for my '99 100 series. 285/75/16. I'd also be interested in some '75 and up FJ40 front doors. A Tercel 4WD (don't tell the wife it was my idea) or possibly a starter dirt bike.

pics.
SDC12453.jpg
SDC12454.jpg
SDC12455.jpg

Very interested....
Bought a '79 a while back, primarily for the nice 2F and H55 that happen to be in it. The body is shot however and rusted beyond belief. I've been wondering if I should attempt to fix it or buy another decent body 55 and swap drive trains.
I ended up buying a '75 with an incorrect F in it. Both 55's make a good "two into one" project, but we've fallen in love with both cars and my daughter needs a car. Also, if we blended the two, I was struggling with taking two runners and ultimately having one less Pig on the road. That's Pig murder and I'd rather revive than murder.
If we take the '79 drive train and put it in the '75, we'll have a nice car. We then thought of taking the rusty '79 with the '75 drivetrain and donating it to an orphanage in Baja, but just not sure what to do at this point.
Seeing your '79 and knowing I have a great '79 drive train ready to go would be a nice solution. The '75 could go to my daughter, as it drives really nice as is. If your '79 is on the verge of parting and mine is simply not going to make it (body wise) we could end up losing two '79 Pigs. Not good. Putting my drive train in your body would at least save one and the end result would be a nice running stock '79, which deserves to live.
Let's talk. I'll send a PM. Thanks.
(Im in So Cal and bought an old '61 VW ragtop in Glendale AZ long ago. It's an easy trip home.)
PS - if you want to trade for starter dirt bike as mentioned, I've have several. 14 dirt bikes in my garage and I need a '79 body. (http://adventureriderdude.blogspot.com)
Thanks!
-Larry

Last edited:
Let me know If it is available, I would love to have it

Thanks for the info on the mounts. I suspected that...

Sorry we missed each other. Today I'm at a graduation and then b-day. I will try to call but it may be tomorrow.

If you were serious about the starter dirt bike, let me know roughly what you want. If not, no worries, either way is fine with me.

Thanks!

-L

No worries. I'm usually done with work by 3 ish, so after that works best. As far as the dirt bike goes, I've already found something that I want to spend the money on, so I'm not as easily swayed by trade options.

Enjoy.

To one happy new owner:hillbilly:
Now i just need someone traveling from Glendale Az.
To SW Colorado or SE Utah.
Please help piggy get to her new home!

Hi Billy,
I just wanted to tell you that I would have appreciated a call if you were ready to sell to someone else. I think I contacted you first, I was obviously interested and the only reason I didn't pay cash in the beginning was because you mentioned the dirt bike. Had the dirt bike not been mentioned, I would have just bought it a week ago.
Last week was a brutal schedule and on Tuesday, I worked from 6am until 3am. I was buried beyond belief and in this economy, you need to take work when it comes. I had no time to check the forum until now and learned that it was sold. I just wish you would have called me and said "do you want it or not?" The answer was "yes".
You can of course do what you want, but I never knew the dirt bike was out of the picture until just now. My bad for not checking the forum, so missing out can be my fault, but since you had my cell and e-mail I just would have appreciated reaching out. I get voice mail and e-mail on my phone 24/7 so I would have known it was time to say yes or no. I can't check the forum on my phone.
It is what it is, but we're all pretty bummed here. When I sell stuff, I give the guy who expressed interest first, a chance to say yes or no, especially if we've had several exchanges in communication.
Not upset with you, just really disappointed.

89Yotanut, congrats! If you need any odd '79 parts, let me know as I'll most likely have to let mine die. The body is just too bad. Also, I bought my '75 Pig in Colorado and used an inexpensive transport guy with a trailer to bring it west. I can give you his contact info if you want it. Let me know if I can help at all.

-Larry

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom