Wanted OR: FJ40 - 4 speed Transfercase Needed (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Rooster47

SILVER Star
Threads
Looking for a 4spd transfercase for my 1976 FJ40. Mine got cracked :(

PXL_20220513_184639250.jpg

complete assembly or just a good housing?
I've got a NOS housing in MT

I think I could go with either. I'm assuming the case was cracked by some impact, so hopefully the internals are mostly okay, and I can rebuild with a new case. Or if I find a complete replacement I could swap that in too.

I did a 3 speed to 4 speed transmission swap (bought the parts from you, Mark) and used some of the parts for that. The front wheel fork and shifting components are gone, but for the most part the rest is there. Rooster, I was going to describe this to you in detail but it sounded like you weren't interested. I think the price reflects that it isn't all there, but given what you have, it should work perfectly for you. I hope no one felt misled, as I was not at the point of describing fully what I have. Let me know if you are interested. Mark, are you interested. I will certainly take photos if there is interest.

I did a 3 speed to 4 speed transmission swap (bought the parts from you, Mark) and used some of the parts for that. The front wheel fork and shifting components are gone, but for the most part the rest is there. Rooster, I was going to describe this to you in detail but it sounded like you weren't interested. I think the price reflects that it isn't all there, but given what you have, it should work perfectly for you. I hope no one felt misled, as I was not at the point of describing fully what I have. Let me know if you are interested. Mark, are you interested. I will certainly take photos if there is interest.
I appreciate the offer. It is a very fair price for a main case assembly, and well-described I might add. I just happen to be seriously overstocked on transfer cases, even with all the cases I have rebuilt & sold lately.
4B001F3C-5534-48CC-9C97-CD0CE17A839A.jpeg

Keep going with your tear down so you can really see which parts are good or bad. 10 minute job , but 1/2 hour to scrub the parts and inspect.
Also look for cracks on the front nose cone ears.

No, but if you are serious, I will look into it. I could also strip out the T case and just sell you the case, which is light and would be pretty cheap to ship. My labor would be free, but the case would still be $150.

Looking for a 4spd transfercase for my 1976 FJ40. Mine got cracked :(

View attachment 3007872
I have 1975 or 1976 that I am just finishing rebuilding. I purchased the 4 speed and transfer case to swap my 1966 FJ40 from a 3 to speed to a 4 speed, then I figured out all the other items that would need to be swapped, decided to just rebuild my original stuff. All new bearings, seals gaskets and 4 new gears. Let me know if you are interested. I attached a picture of the id stamping

20220523_131758.jpg

20220523_133206.jpg

20220523_133054.jpg

20220523_133135.jpg

I have a number of bare cases and any individual item you might need as well as rebuild kits and Tcase savers ……
Bare case $100 plus shipping.

Feel free to reach out to us, we’re happy to help.

Georg @ Valley Hybrids @ Cruiser Brothers
Shop 209-475-8808
Sales@valleyhybrids.com

I appreciate the offer. It is a very fair price for a main case assembly, and well-described I might add. I just happen to be seriously overstocked on transfer cases, even with all the cases I have rebuilt & sold lately. View attachment 3009210
Hi, Any chance you might have a t-case high/low shift fork, I think it fits all t-cases from 1958 to 1980. I have a 1966 FJ40 with a 3 speed

20220530_233643.jpg

20220530_233652.jpg

20220530_233728.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom