Oops (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

That lean is probably coming back once the valves allow the pressure in the system to equalize. There are some good explainers on this forum. Many have tried this method. Few have prevailed long term.

Shim the low side or get a shorter coil for the high side for long-term success.
I’ve done this quite a few times now and mine have never adjusted or moved afterwards. Maybe I’m just lucky

This method literally uses the KDSS and sway bars to correct a lean caused by something else. It locks higher pressure into part of the system it wasn’t designed for long term.

The internal valves that should allow the system to neutralize under normal conditions can be locked out if the pressure imbalance is too great.. that is what this method does.

I can debate the above theory but it’s a long discussion. Depending on what’s causing the imbalance sure, but in my case I had to neutralize my system via this method. When new suspension gets installed and the KDSS has to be released the system gets off 90% of the time. But yes, if something else is causing your lean other than the KDSS being off than you wouldn’t want to do this.

I can debate the above theory but it’s a long discussion. Depending on what’s causing the imbalance sure, but in my case I had to neutralize my system via this method. When new suspension gets installed and the KDSS has to be released the system gets off 90% of the time. But yes, if something else is causing your lean other than the KDSS being off than you wouldn’t want to do this.

I wasn’t going to say anything when i watched, since i dont feel like arguing about things i know to be perceived as hostile. But im afraid bloc is correct. Good song, but bad advice.

I’ve dealt with LX lean, and that discussion tends to not go my way lol. But i have the cleanest most level AHC on the board so im chilling 😎.

To correct any lean, one needs to get the real corner weight first. This is a big ass 4x4, and its not balanced like a sports car. Then we modify it…

As far as KDSS you want it to be neutralized flat. Otherwise you’re using it wrong.

I fixed the thread title for you.

Haha what a sport!

Not going to pretend like im knowledgeable on KDSS, but if you are open to advice, tell us what corners are leaning after a level neutralization.

The way the system is linked, it very well may be one corner shim that can solve it.

We are all ready and eager to get you straightened out, pun intended.

Now im gonna blast light speed…

That's the thing. Opening the valves balances the system. It literally opens communication among all 3 circuits. You then set the vehicle on a level surface and close the valves isolating all 3.. any lean while the valves are open is caused independent of what the system is doing, and yes closing the valves now "locks" it in.. kindof (see the conditions listed in the KDSS anatomy thread)

Thanks for the humility on the thread title.

I think about it all the time lol. I do miss my 80 until I step on the gas pedal.

I think about it all the time lol. I do miss my 80 until I step on the gas pedal.

Sadly all I have in my 570 from the 80 DNA is the weight and fuel consumption! 😥

I’m one of the few that has little love for the 80, I don’t miss mine in the least.

I’m one of the few that has little love for the 80, I don’t miss mine in the least.

Don't tell anyone i said this, but i think the 80 is one of the ugliest 4x4 SUVs ever made.

It’s not ugly, but it’s not a classic like the 60 and back and it doesn’t have the modern look and amenities of the 100 and 200. Mine was a triple locked poverty pack in fantastic shape, just didn’t love it and I think they are over hyped.

It’s not ugly

HAH, youre right. Its hideous!

The full might of MUD could disagree, but they would still be dead wrong.
The LR while a total POS maybe, is a design icon. For good reason too. Its almost perfect.
The 80 is comically bad in comparison.

Untitled 3.png

I love this thread. Please continue lol.

HAH, youre right. Its hideous!

The full might of MUD could disagree, but they would still be dead wrong.
The LR while a total POS maybe, is a design icon. For good reason too. Its almost perfect.
The 80 is comically bad in comparison.

View attachment 3281097
To be fair I rarely if ever hear of anyone saying a LR product looks bad. They have design figured out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom