ONSC is looking for a new Website Admin! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

GLTHFJ60

Rum Runnin'
SILVER Star
Threads
After a long stretch wearing this hat, the time has come for me to step down from being the website administrator effective March 1st of 2024. The BOD has discussed this at length over the past few months and we came to the conclusion that it would be best to see if any member in good standing would be willing to take the reigns before looking for (expensive) commercial management options.

Our current websites and arrangement:

Bluehost hosting service, with two wordpress instances (one for each website).

onsc4x4.com
- Hosts club bylaws and inspection forms
- Enables club membership signup/renewal including payment processing
- Hosts information and event registration for Logan's Run

carolinarelicrun.com
- As CRR got bigger and became our focus, it made sense to build a dedicated site for that event.
- Hosts information and advertising for CRR (schedule, some past event stats, sponsor solicitation letter, etc.)
- Enables event registration for CRR including payment processing

When I built onsc4x4.com 10 or 11 years ago we picked bluehost and wordpress for their pricing, redundancy provided by bluehost backups, and ease of administration. Back then I don't think services like squarespace existed, and if they did I wasn't aware of them. Let's please not discuss how the sites could be rebuilt, but instead keep focus on identifying someone who is willing and able to volunteer for this important club role.

Website maintenance and backups are largely automated. Every once in a while a plugin will fail to update automatically, but they update so often that I generally wait a month or two before checking in.

Setting up event registration for each event is completely templated, meaning it's an easy operation of copy/paste the old event page into the new one. From there, update the dates, update the pricing, and it's done. I feel that it's pretty streamlined.

Overall the time commitment is very low. Maybe an hour or two once a month during most of the year, then in the 6 weeks leading up to the event, it *might* be one hour a week. Very easy IMHO.

Please let me know if you have any questions. If you're interested and want to talk 1:1 so I can show you around to see if you're in, just hit me up in this thread, via PM/DM, text, whatever.

Thank you all!

Thanks for posting Johny.

As all members know. This is a great club. But in order for us to continue to have such a great club we need folks to step up. Johny has done more than his fair share of the work building/ managing the clubs websites.

I would first like to thank Johny for all his efforts and secondly I would encourage any club member in good standing to reach out to Johny to possibly volunteer for the position.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom