Ongoing Speed sensor problem (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey guys

I have a 94 GXL 1FZ fe automatic transmission (A442F)

a couple of weeks ago the check engine light came on and the scan said speed sensor #1 , fast forward, replaced the speed sensor and still getting the check engine light

Transmission shifts good until the check engine light comes on, once it comes on shift points are pretty crap

Check engine light only comes on if I give the accelerator a quick squirt of gas

Might add that my speedometer still works and always has worked even when I got the error on the scan

So what is the next step?

Hey guys

I have a 94 GXL 1FZ fe automatic transmission (A442F)

a couple of weeks ago the check engine light came on and the scan said speed sensor #1 , fast forward, replaced the speed sensor and still getting the check engine light

Transmission shifts good until the check engine light comes on, once it comes on shift points are pretty crap

Check engine light only comes on if I give the accelerator a quick squirt of gas

Might add that my speedometer still works and always has worked even when I got the error on the scan

So what is the next step?
If you are certain that the code you're reading is speed sensor #1, then the tach pulses are not getting to the ECU. Speed sensor #1 is on the side of the transfer case. Red wire/green stripe feeds the combination meter. Black wire/red stripe feeds the ECU.
Download the 1994 EWD from the resources section.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom