One-touch turn signal for 60-62 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Recently I was daily driving my 62 for about three weeks, and one of the things I've missed while driving it on the FWY was the one-touch turn signal. ( I do tend to use my turn signal )
Most of the other vehicles I'm driving have that feature, so I thought I should bring my 62 into the 21st century.

Here's what I did :

IMG_1007.jpg

Located the turn signal wires under the steering column. Wires are in the larger black connector with the split loom.
I've made a small harness with a connector and a pig tail to connect to the factory wires. All connections were soldered
and insulated with heat shrink tubing.

IMG_1004.jpg

After finishing I've put the loom back on the harness and plug everything back to it's original place.

IMG_1005.jpg

It works like any other car with the one touch turn signal from the factory.
These modules can be bought online from various vendors for about $60-100.

It's a straight forward install only 5 wires, all of them are in one connector. No need to cut any factory wires.

The wires are : --- Factory colors:

1: switched 12V --- green /red ( it's marked NCA on the diagram ) It might be different color on yours
2: ground --- white/black
3: left turn signal --- green/black
4: right turn signal --- green/yellow
5: turn signal relay --- green/white

Let me know if you guys need any more info on this mod.

Last edited:
So the triple blink module is off camera to bottom right, off the white connector in the last photo? Never thought adding this aftermarket would be an option, this is a nice convenience upgrade.

Was just searching on this topic for my ‘22 GX460, because this is the first modern car I had that only blinks once (let’s call it 0 blink), when doing a one touch. My previous Toyota always blink 3-5 times. I think the factory or dealer actually set it to 0 as default…

Was just searching on this topic for my ‘22 GX460, because this is the first modern car I had that only blinks once (let’s call it 0 blink), when doing a one touch. My previous Toyota always blink 3-5 times. I think the factory or dealer actually set it to 0 as default…
I‘m not familiar with the 22 GX460 to a point where I can say push this or select that and you’re done,
but one would think that there‘s a convenience setting somewhere, where you could set this feature and
don’t have to take it to the steelership to get it done.
Even my 06 VW has that option selectable by the driver.

I‘m sure someone with knowledge about this will chime in and help you out.

All over the internet if this topic was addressed, they say only the dealer can set it. :)
I‘m not familiar with the 22 GX460 to a point where I can say push this or select that and you’re done,
but one would think that there‘s a convenience setting somewhere, where you could set this feature and
don’t have to take it to the steelership to get it done.
Even my 06 VW has that option selectable by the driver.

I‘m sure someone with knowledge about this will chime in and help you out.

All over the internet if this topic was addressed, they say only the dealer can set it. :)

On my wife's '22 GX, the dealer indicated that the one click turn signal is an option that needed to be spec'd during ordering...I was speechless to say the least.

OP-where did you find the module you installed?

On my wife's '22 GX, the dealer indicated that the one click turn signal is an option that needed to be spec'd during ordering...I was speechless to say the least.

OP-where did you find the module you installed?

I’ve started this tread to describe the one-touch turn signal solution for the older 60s, 62s and the
80 series LCs.
The module in the description is for vehicles with a standalone turn signal relay,
not the one controlled by some module.

I‘m not familiar with the 22 GX turn signal wiring, but I’m pretty sure it’s not the same
as the 30-40 year old LCs.
If the one-touch signal is programmed at the dealership or at the time of assembly it‘s more than likely there’s a module that controls the turn signal. In that case this module is not suitable for these vehicles.

If someone would post the wiring diagram for the turn signal switch on the 22 GX, that would be a good start
to trying to find a solution for this problem. I’m positive that it can be done.

Last edited:
So if I'm understanding this right, a simple "non-locked" movement of the turn signal lever and back to center provides the one-touch function after this addition? This is the first I had ever heard of one-touch signals, so I had to look it up. Seems like an interesting concept, and simple install too.

So if I'm understanding this right, a simple "non-locked" movement of the turn signal lever and back to center provides the one-touch function after this addition? This is the first I had ever heard of one-touch signals, so I had to look it up. Seems like an interesting concept, and simple install too.

That’s exactly what it does.
Like any newer vehicle. ( except the 22 GX ) LOL … sorry guys

I’ve started this tread to describe the one-touch turn signal solution for the older 60s, 62s and the
80 series LCs.
The module in the description is for vehicles with a standalone turn signal relay,
not the one controlled by some module.

I‘m not familiar with the 22 GX turn signal wiring, but I’m pretty sure it’s not the same
as the 30-40 year old LCs.
If the one-touch signal is programmed at the dealership or at the time of assembly it‘s more than likely there’s a module that controls the turn signal. In that case this module is not suitable for these vehicles.

If someone would post the wiring diagram for the turn signal switch on the 22 GX, that would be a good start
to trying to find a solution for this problem. I’m positive that it can be done.
I understand it wouldn't work for the GX-I was just sharing my experience was similar to @Reg Wang

I was asking for my '40 which does have the separate relay like your '60

My newest vehicle is 22 years old so I had to look up 'one-touch' turn signal also... :p

Used for lane changing ?

I dunno, in L.A. and O.C. can't even get most of the Vin Diesel wannabes to even follow basic rules of the road, let alone give a damn if you're signaling...

My newest vehicle is 22 years old so I had to look up 'one-touch' turn signal also... :p

Used for lane changing ?

I dunno, in L.A. and O.C. can't even get most of the Vin Diesel wannabes to even follow basic rules of the road, let alone give a damn if you're signaling...
Up here it's the damned Subaru and BMW drivers. It's so bad if I even see a Subaru or BMW I instantly bristle.

I’d think the one touch function would incentivize more Vin Dissel to actually signal, as it’s kind of “techy”. For me, it is just very convenient and I feel it saves the lever from wearing out (although I know the Toyota plastic levers are super durable). It’s one of those things you feel the loss when it’s gone.

Used for lane changing ?

I feel the same way about some drivers around here, I drive O.C. and L.A. daily. I do what I can to not be
one of those drivers, hence this mode.

It’s mainly for lane change on the FWY.
Once you get used to it, you’ll miss it if you drive a car without it.
I think it’s really convenient.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom