One tire to do it all - snow and offroading (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Either general tire ATX or Nokian Rotiva AT Plus. After much research living here in Boulder, CO. Those two came out on top for me. I have had both on my rigs. Rotiva's on my 100 and Generals on my 200.

Geolandar GO15 do very well in snow and over all off road including sand and moderate mud, if you intend to do rocks, get the LT version.

After half a winter in the Winter Park area, I am very happy with the Wildpeaks. Extremely surefooted in the white stuff. This summer will test out the offroading capabilities of these tires, but I'm very pleased so far.

General Grabber AT/X

I have 35 12.5's on my '85 pick up. They hook up like a cat on velcro on the snow/ice covered roads/highways of Canada.

Just about anything that has a desirable pattern as a highway winter tire is going to suck in a mud or off-highway deep snow scenario if you need the lugs of a mud terrain to clear out the mud or snow.

General Grabber AT/X

I have 35 12.5's on my '85 pick up. They hook up like a cat on velcro on the snow/ice covered roads/highways of Canada.

Just about anything that has a desirable pattern as a highway winter tire is going to suck in a mud or off-highway deep snow scenario if you need the lugs of a mud terrain to clear out the mud or snow.

Only have 2 ply sidewall...

On my second set of KO2's....over 88k total driven miles on my 2016 Trail Premium...I'd buy another set (LT's)

My suggestion.....these just arrived today......DTD.....my tire/wheel store

going on our '11 GX next week

Goodyear Ultra Terrain.....LT 265-70x17......

Wheels are Fuel 17x8.5 +7 matte gun metal gray......

makes my nipples hard just looking at them.....:bounce:

FsxXJ1l.jpg

z3zp58j.jpg

I'm getting some Geolander G015's put on this coming Tuesday on my new (to me) 100, can't freakin' wait!

I have Cooper Discoverer AT3 LTs (LT265/75R18) in C load rating. They have the 3Peak designation. They are wonderful in the rain. In loose and lightly packed snow they have been good to great. On hard pack they are OK and when they do break they do so predictably and are controllable. As might be expected they are poor on ice. As a result and given the propensity of the roads to ice up here in the PNW I'm looking into studded winter only tires. One too many pucker up moments on a couple of drives over the past week for me not to invest in second set of rubber for the winter months.

I have Cooper Discoverer AT3 LTs (LT265/75R18) in C load rating. They have the 3Peak designation. They are wonderful in the rain. In loose and lightly packed snow they have been good to great. On hard pack they are OK and when they do break they do so predictably and are controllable. As might be expected they are poor on ice. As a result and given the propensity of the roads to ice up here in the PNW I'm looking into studded winter only tires. One too many pucker up moments on a couple of drives over the past week for me not to invest in second set of rubber for the winter months.
I have had success finding good deals on mounted winter tires on Craigslist. I got a set of practically new Blizzaks on pretty nice rims for my GF's 4Runner for $700, and some studded Hancooks with lots of tread on Sequoia rims for my 100 for $600. Just a thought to maybe check your area, since it seems like people trade in vehicles and then sell the extra set of tires really cheap since they have no use for them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom