One of the coolest 80s I've seen.. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I came across this sweet rig in the shop the other day and thought I'd share it with you guys..
Manual tranny, lockers, OME'd etc..
there's a huge gas/water tank in the cargo area..

80-1.jpg

80-2.jpg

80-3.jpg

you might notice that the driving lights are installed on the top bar but that it because there's another set of lights underneath that were removed to be serviced at the time I took the pics..

Nicely outfitted rig. :cool:

To bad the color on the botton looks like something I'd find in my sons diaper. :crybaby:

Pretty neat. The bars across the sliding windows must be break-in protection? I wonder what those two loops on each of the rear pillars are for.

David

Steps for getting on the roof rack or to get to the tires. Cool to see other ideas. robbie

Cool rig. Do you guys drive on the right side of the road? I see the steering wheel is the same as a North American model.

TY

Are the fog lights in the bumper custom? Itlooks like an ARB, but I have never seen the fog lights integrated with the bumper...nice idea.

@reffug
The color isn't that bad in reality, it blends really well with the desert..

@OZCAL
those loops are pretty common here.. you'll even see them on the 100s.. they are used as steps to reach the roof..

@T Y L E R
We drive on the right side just like you guys.. all countries around the Persian gulf drive on the right side with the steering on the left..

@gbell210
It seems that they've cut the ARB bumper and installed those fog lights.. to me they look like the fog lights that come on the bumper of the land cruiser pick up (series 79??) over here..

reffug said:
To bad the color on the botton looks like something I'd find in my sons diaper. :crybaby:

Looks like it would fit in just right out in the desert. Reffug, so your boy craps sand? :flipoff2:

well, I guess that's what you can afford to do when you sell oil at $55 a barrel... :eek:

I like the small light racks, I am thinking of something like that just to carry the hi-lift, shovel, rake, loppers and other farm implements! :D

e9999 said:
well, I guess that's what you can afford to do when you sell oil at $55 a barrel... :eek:

actually, that is what you can afford when your father is the Only Toyota Agent (among other things) in the country.. :p

you should see the other cruisers this guy has.. I don't see them in the shop anymore, he has 4x6 (or maybe 6x6 I didn't check) series 70 wagon converted into some sort of a kitchen..

I like the hoops to get roof access. I wonder if it requires reinforcement as that would seem to be a good idea....

Nice rear bumper work. Looks like a ton more work than it's worth for the end result. One word, Kaymar. Overall though pretty cool.

siglo,
that is a neat 80. I like the desert colors too, nice the wheels match. Do you have pics of how that rear bumper bar mounts?

Also in the 2nd and 3rd picture, what are the suv's in the background? the one with the tall, big hatch glass and the one next to it with the black grille. They look like Toyota products but I dont recognize them.

@FirstToy
I'll see if I can snap some pics of the bumper mount next time I go there.. if I am not mistaken, the trucks in the background are Chinese SUVs by a company called Great Wall.. The link shows the top of the range model but the ones you see in the pictures above are the lower range ones..

siglo said:
@OZCAL
those loops are pretty common here.. you'll even see them on the 100s.. they are used as steps to reach the roof..

OK, someone's gotta ask - how much dinar for the steps and, echoing hobbes above, do they damage the pillars? They are really cool.

Thats a cool 80. But I dont kow about the color... Seems like an odd place for the gas can mount.

p.s, looks like a SC430 wheel on the ground next to the cruiser?

siglo said:
actually, that is what you can afford when your father is the Only Toyota Agent (among other things) in the country.. :p

you should see the other cruisers this guy has.. I don't see them in the shop anymore, he has 4x6 (or maybe 6x6 I didn't check) series 70 wagon converted into some sort of a kitchen..

I took a look at the used 100 series on that website. Seems similar to Australia where the price doesn't automatically drop just because of higher miles. There were four from 40-160,000 miles, all between $25-30,000.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom