One OEM wheel isn't as wide as the other 3? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I've searched every combination of wheel/offset/fender/backspacing/etc to no avail. As you can see from the pics, the PS front wheel/tire is even with the fender (as are the two rears). The DS front is no where near flush with the fender. In fact, it sits about an inch or so inboard vs the other three rims/tires. I pulled them all today while checking the break pads and was hoping to find wheel spacers, but didn't. Measurements taken from midline of truck to back of each rim reveal no anomalies. I'm stumped. Did some 16's have different backspacing? It rides and handles fine, it's just not very aesthetically pleasing. I can take additional pics if these aren't sufficient. This is an '01 if that's crucial. Thank you.

20160319_164512.jpg

20160319_164457.jpg

Easy to check if your rims are all the same. And check the tires too.

I doubt your rims are different widths. Looks like you have an issue with the alignment. Positive camber on the passenger and negative camber on the driver side.

Do you have a spare you could pop on the DS for comparison? The PS looks "normal", meaning more like my front wheels. I agree with @ton504 that alignment might be off?

Wheels are all the same, chrome 16's from the factory. Tires are all matching Michelin LTX's. Fresh alignment last week due to cocked wheel. I thought it might be the camber also, but both the bottom and top of the DS front are in inch or more inside the fender/front bumper/running board vs the others. I'll concede it does look like camber is off from the pics. It having different rotors on each side is interesting. I'll do some more investigation with that also pop on the spare and see what the result is. Thank you for your responses. This is my first 100, and I'm not as familiar with them.

Is it possible you have a bent knuckle arm? Ran over anything lately?

Why the cocked wheel? Was there suspension damage?

The photos are great, but it's hard to tell if the DS fender-hood gap is larger than the PS? Is there any reason the DS fender may be out further and mis-aligned?

X2 on the hood/fender gaps. Maybe an illusion from the camera but they look huge. Was the hood fully latched? Accident history?

For comparison, not mine

image.jpeg

Last edited:
It does have minor accident history. Hood/fender gaps looked wide to me as well, but I had nothing to compare them to. There are 3-4 other 100's in my neighborhood--might have go have a look at those. The body and frame are straight, and all the suspension components look identical from side to side. Thank you for all the suggestions. I am going to take the PS wheel off in a bit and put the spare on to see if it makes any difference.

Both of mine look like your drivers side. Same with the rears. The picture of the hood is hard to determine the gap, but if it's the same on both sides should not be a problem.

It's interesting you say that @SWUtah. I just went on a walk up the hill and my two neighbors' (stock) 100's look the same as my driver side front---which makes me wonder about the other 3 now...

Mine too are all like your DS - about 1 inch inside top of fender.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom