OME "J" Springs (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I was thinking about getting OME J series springs. I was thinking OME 850Js on the front and OME 863Js in the rear. What is the difference between the N74E and the N74L shocks? I was guess that the 74L was longer. Also if I wanted to run this setup, what all would I also need to get? I'm figuring longer brake lines and probably sway bar drop blocks. Anything else? Also is this a good setup? I'm looking for a tall 80 without having to do the bodylift. Thanks!

Hey, NM about most of it, checked out a previous thread. Just one question, what are bumpstops? Since I haven't bought anything yet would I just get the N74L shocks instead of the N74E shocks? That is just what I was thinking. Sorry about that whole tread there, forgot to search the fourm first. Thanks anyways.

bumpstops are the rubber (well on 40s their rubber) mounds that stop your axle traveling too far up into the wheel wells. usually mounted on the top of the axle, or close to where the axle would make contact on the chassis.

Jon,
Your 93 has 4 axle bump stops; one at each corner, mounted on the frame directly above the axles. &nbsp:Depending on what you are doing as far as mods, you can put a spacer between the frame and the bump stop to lower them. The purpose is to limit upward travel of the axle if you have installed shocks that are longer than stock, in the stock locations.
-B-

I found the J springs in the rear to be a little too tall, I ended up switching to the 863 rear springs and keeping the J springs up front. I used the longer L shocks front and rear. This worked out to a bout 3 - 3.5" lift. Here is a list of frame heights of sevral combos I tried. Measurements taken from bottom of frame to the ground with stock tires, stock bumpers...

Stock front stock rear 17.25" front, 15" ecnter 20.25" rear
850J front 863J rear springs 21 3/8" front 18 ¾ center 24 ¾ rear
850J front 860 rear springs 21 ½ front 18 center 22 rear
850J front 863 rear springs 21 ½ front 18 ½ center 23 ½ rear

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom