Old Nan Emu springs with OEM adjustable shocks (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I've searched on multiple sites and can't find an example of this scenario.

I want to lift about 2" in front, but keep my adjustable OEM shocks on a Luxury spec vehicle. I got a set of OME 2884 coil springs available to me and was wondering if I could just swap with the OEM springs for a mild, inexpensive lift. Many people use Bilsteins with these springs, but I want to keep my OEM shocks since I use the adjustability and they're fairly low mileage.

Has anyone tried this? Will the springs create any issues with the adjustable shocks? Do I need longer bump stops?

I plan to use air suspension spacers to lift the rear about an inch or so. I don't like the idea of using "tricked" airbags for various reasons.

TIA!

If you want a simple inexpensive lift you're better off going with a spacer lift that just goes above the stock strut and will give you 1.5-2" of lift. I don't think just adding the OME springs alone is going to do anything for you with the stock struts.

That said - ditch the ride control. It's nice when you have it but pointless to keep if you want to lift your rig. I have OME Medium springs up front + OME NitroChargers and the ride is fantastic, I don't miss the adjustable struts at all.

jeeex: I am installing 1.5" leveling kit in my Luxury GX460 next week, primarily for wheel clearance. I too want to keep my AVS in place. In the rear I plan "Air Bag Trick" with 0.5-1.0" lift. I will follow up post-install with pics.

I've searched on multiple sites and can't find an example of this scenario.

I want to lift about 2" in front, but keep my adjustable OEM shocks on a Luxury spec vehicle. I got a set of OME 2884 coil springs available to me and was wondering if I could just swap with the OEM springs for a mild, inexpensive lift. Many people use Bilsteins with these springs, but I want to keep my OEM shocks since I use the adjustability and they're fairly low mileage.

Has anyone tried this? Will the springs create any issues with the adjustable shocks? Do I need longer bump stops?

I plan to use air suspension spacers to lift the rear about an inch or so. I don't like the idea of using "tricked" airbags for various reasons.

TIA!
They would probably physically fit, but the adjustability of the shocks could be inhibited by the stronger spring rate of the coils. It might not be able to overcome what the coils do, since height adjustable systems from Toyota tend to use softer springs from what I've seen, softer than a regular suspension. I haven't heard of anyone doing this before.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom