Old man emu CS009r (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I recall when these trucks first came out with IFS one of the guys bought one. The only complaint he ever had was off-road that those rear mudflaps are easy to back-up onto and tear off. I know that he bought several sets before he just took them off for off-road trips.
Haha. I took mine off right after taking that picture!

Also worth noting that I used stock rear shackles and rubber bushings. That probably helped keep the ride height down and soften it up a tiny bit.

So I did what @1989toy4wd did with the leaf pack and got a similar result. I was at 3.5” from the top of my 31” tires to the fender before and 6” after. It sits a quarter to half inch higher on the passenger side where I put the + pack. Driver side got a - pack. We’ll see how it settles out.

I’m pretty happy with the result. It looks much more athletic and the ride is much better. Though it’s stiff, I have plenty of travel now and it doesn’t crash over small bumps. Doing some off roading this weekend and I’ll see how it handles.

Thanks for everyone’s help in this thread.

before:
View attachment 2690193

after:
View attachment 2690194
Looks great! Thanks for posting! What size are your tires?

Hopefully this will help as I rebuild the rest of the truck. I did remove the 3rd leaf. Only time will tell.

6C927408-0309-4151-B581-4A74ED741E5D.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom