Ok so where is the soft top model? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

helocat

Tube is your buddy!
Supporting Vendor
Threads
Website
www.metaltech4x4.com
Soft top? Be cool if they made one and took on the TJ once agian. Anyone think they might try one?

Mark

guaranteed...but if it's released as a 2007, the softtop will be the 2009 model.....

seems to be the trend....

think you'll find one of those cheap in TX to bring home? lol

Dam...

I was lookin for hooters in this thread :sad:

woody said:
guaranteed...but if it's released as a 2007, the softtop will be the 2009 model.....

seems to be the trend....

think you'll find one of those cheap in TX to bring home? lol

Look who's talking!
Absolutely! Especially w/ the plans I have for those trucks! (Evil laugh)

Mark

Gumby said:
I think it's up to you, Mark. Buy one, chop off the top, get Eshan to make you up some custom tops and you're there. You could be like one of those companies that made the Vette and Mustang converts for Ford and GM.

I have to agree with Woody, I think they will hold the soft top model for a few years then let it fly if sales are there. It would be cool it Toyota took on the CJ/TJ market again!

Yes for now it is most likely plasma cutter time for a soft top!

Mark

I personally have a hard time seeing Toyota introduce a soft top model. First, if Toyota plans to have the FJC have rear access suicide doors on both sides of the truck, I don't see how that will carry over very well to a soft top package. Maybe by extending the soft top's front doors that entire length.

Second, if the spare tire is mounted to the rear hatch, I'd have to see how the rear hatch is going to be designed to open. Right now it looks like it is hinged on the D.S., but does the glass pop up or will it be a door like the GX470? If the latter of the two, I think that would be one more indicator that no soft top is in the future.

I can see some sort of panaramic sunroof or maybe a gigantic opening sunroof, but not a soft top like J**P. Not to compare apples to oranges here, but anyone remember the Rav4 two door rag top?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom