Oil Pressure too high?... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Got my cruiser up and running... kinda today! I heard it come to life for the first time since I swapped a fj60 engine in it. However, I am getting oil pressure readings off the scale, well, at least really near the High Mark on the gauge. Any ideas what would cause this and how to correct it? Also, is too high just as bad as too low of a pressure?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Drew <><
76 fj40

Your sender must match the gauge. Did you use the old sender with the new motor? Buy a oil pressure testor and make sure of what you have.

Daves oil tester is the best idea.I had the opposite problem of pressure that dropped off a week after I bought it.Tester confirmed good pressure although it cant confirm gauge or sender,I took a gamble and bought a new sensor.I have a 3F in my FJ 73 and the sensor was the same as a Corrola.Toyota's price $135 AUD but I got an aftermarket one for $27 and works perfect.
Other causes of high oil pressure wrong oil,blockage.
If its really high when cold then drops off markedly it could be main bearings.

FWIW - My FJ60 runs with the oil pressure at 'H' at normal highway speeds. According to the owners manual, anywhere between 1/4 and up to 'H' is normal driving pressure.

Mike S

Thanks Fellas, I did use the 85 sender with the 76 gauge, I will swap it out and let you know what happens! Thanks for your time.

Drew <><

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom