Oil pressure gauge level (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Mine is sitting at 1/4 most of the time. 2008 LC

Wondered about this too...mine is @ 1/4 in normal driving - I've never seen it higher
than just under 1/2 while accelerating

This forum delivers!

1/4 with my new to me 2013....Thanks to this forum I can sleep again wwithout being haunted by low Oil Pressure nightmares!:eek:

Just got an oil change at Toyota last week. Here is my dash as I’m driving (completely normal)...

C2A46C64-3348-4E7A-9BA9-180577D0C97B.jpeg

So no worries! :)

In first week of owning our 2019, my wife looked down & saw that gauge reading. Afraid it should be higher & not finding anything in the owner's manual, she stopped in @ Crown Toyota, Lawrence, KS. The service mgr gladly checked the qauge/dipstick & added some oil. (LEFT THIS THREAD UP FOR WIFE TO READ)

In first week of owning our 2019, my wife looked down & saw that gauge reading. Afraid it should be higher & not finding anything in the owner's manual, she stopped in @ Crown Toyota, Lawrence, KS. The service mgr gladly checked the qauge/dipstick & added some oil. (LEFT THIS THREAD UP FOR WIFE TO READ)

The LC will let you know if there’s an oil problem.

On the other hand...it would have been helpful for the gauge to be calibrated so that normal is in the middle.

This question has come up for YEARS.

Similar to all the others here, my '11 stays at or around 1/4 at nearly all times.

Hilariously though, there are no less than a half dozen separate customer service notes in the previous owners' service invoices specifically mentioning a low oil pressure. Every single one concluded with "tech checked oil pressure, informed customer it is well within specifications."

You're haulin it there and still at 1/4? Assuming you were in 4th or 5th gear?

I'd assume 5th at that speed/RPM. I'd have to do some quick math.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom