Offroad Capabilities: Here is the number 1 ... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
The winner is ???

Grade Capacity Side Slope Water Fjording

LC80 100% 100%/45° 700 mm

Defender 100% 30° 500 mm

Benz G 80% 54% 500 mm

H1 60% 40% 760 mm

So, the winner is:

[glow=red,2,300]LANDCRUISER 80 [/glow]​

:cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

All data taken from the manufacturer's websites.

Mike

Mike,

That's interesting. I thought the Hummer had a standard snorkel which would increase that water capability a bit. My drive in one included a 4 foot deep pool (over 1000 mm), and I cannot believe with its added width and lower roofline it cannot handle more sideslope than the 80. I can't remember how steep we drove ours on, but it was nutty steep. I'm not questioning your numbers, as each mfr chooses what they'll post publicly from a legal liability aspect as well as a reality aspect, but still..

Additionally, trail use rating would require posting their approach and departure angles as one of the more practical measurements of real world capability. Not much else matters out there if you can't get drop off a ledge or get the fronts started on a ledge and also manage the breakover. Nothing worse than the sound of a rear bumper dragging off a rock. Well......almost nothing.....

DougM

Doug,

well, the Hummer has a bit more Fjording ca. 760 mm but just look at

www.hummer.com

We know that all the rigs can do better than that. This a the figures from the MFS websites.

Mike

<<<<<Nothing worse than the sound of a rear bumper dragging off a rock>>>>>

I think a "rocker slap" is a bit worse, especialy if the doors hang up when you try to get out to look :rolleyes:

Mike, would you mind posting the web site addresses you got the info off?
thanks
Eric

thanks Mike
E

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom