Official LX570s Picture Thread (11 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Here is a side shot that gives a little better perspective of the resonator for reference. One thing I would say is that it is definitely exposed. It was before the bumpers as well, but now it is the limiting factor as far as clearance. That and the side steps. Hopefully this helps though:

View attachment 2190967
What do you think the weight is of the rear? I hadn't considered a rear bumper before but now my stock one is covered in rock rash and my tail pipe is crumpled (not enough to restrict exhaust). Looks like you do get quite a bit of clearance. Ever considered deleting the muffler?

I have 18s with the same ratio tire so mine are about an inch taller. Do you have spacers?

I REALLY like the wheels and the beefier look of more sidewall.
Hey @notyourmomslx, I actually started following you on IG and was one of the reasons why I went with this setup. Love your ride, I don't have any spacers, the wheels have a 25MM offset...

Hey @notyourmomslx, I actually started following you on IG and was one of the reasons why I went with this setup. Love your ride, I don't have any spacers, the wheels have a 25MM offset...

🙏

edit: check out the BORA 1.25" spacers. You may be able to get away with the 1" ones. I had to use the 1.25" to clear UCAs.

What do you think the weight is of the rear? I hadn't considered a rear bumper before but now my stock one is covered in rock rash and my tail pipe is crumpled (not enough to restrict exhaust). Looks like you do get quite a bit of clearance. Ever considered deleting the muffler?

I am not 100% sure, but if I recall, I think Ben said that the entire bumper including the two swing outs came in under 200 lbs. That could have just been for the aluminum prototype though. It may be best to ask @benc directly. I haven't noticed any significant changes in handling though.

Yeah, the resonator is getting chopped soon. I have already dragged it a time or two.

New wheel/tire combo for my 2013 LX... been lurking around for a while trying to figure out sizes and decided to take the jump to 285/75/17. Wheels are new Icon Vector 5. Loving it so far, had to remove the front mud guards and still have some minor rubbing that I'll have to correct. I have AHC lift on the front, will likely do the rear soon.

Here it is on H:
View attachment 2191168
View attachment 2191166View attachment 2191167View attachment 2191165
Why haven't I seen this around town yet! I work in PC and would be drooling if I were to see this beast!

Why haven't I seen this around town yet! I work in PC and would be drooling if I were to see this beast!
Hey!, It's been a pretty ordinary LX up until yesterday. I'm in the Kimball Junction area, wave me down if you see it.

New wheel/tire combo for my 2013 LX... been lurking around for a while trying to figure out sizes and decided to take the jump to 285/75/17. Wheels are new Icon Vector 5. Loving it so far, had to remove the front mud guards and still have some minor rubbing that I'll have to correct. I have AHC lift on the front, will likely do the rear soon.

Here it is on H:
View attachment 2191168

Sharp wheels. Very F-Sportish...but better.

Here it is on H:
View attachment 2191168
Nice looking wheel. Is this a new wheel they don't have listed anywhere yet or and old one they don't make any more?

Hey!, It's been a pretty ordinary LX up until yesterday. I'm in the Kimball Junction area, wave me down if you see it.
Right on I work up at deer valley but if you see a rusty and old 100 with arb bumpers all around do the same.

They have them shown on the site but I can’t see a 5x150 version on there.
Their website isn't showing the Vector 5 yet... I thought they were going to announce it this week but maybe not. It's the 5x150 version of the Vector 6.

We spent the week at Padre Island National Seashore. perfect time of year to do it with near zero beach traffic and great weather.
IMG-20200121-WA0008.jpg
IMG-20200121-WA0007.jpg

So how are you liking the Patriot? Any major pros or cons?

My wife and I just had that conversation the other night! We love it, but would recommend to skip the Webasto heater. The largest con, if you could really consider it such, is the cost. This melts away as you piece the construction and all the items included at that price point though. Our conclusion was that we are highly satisfied with buying the trailer.

My wife and I started backpacking many years ago. After ~5 years of that we started car camping. Once we had children, well, this camper just made sense. We love the ability to just pack up and we're able to camp remotely for a week without needing anything. If you're interested, shoot me a DM and I could give you more info.

Cheers!
Chris

P.S. a view of one side opened up. 63qt fridge, 40 gallons of water, sink w/plumbed hot water, Weber Q1000 on a swing-out, storage and counter space for days.
IMG_20200120_130905.jpg

My wife and I just had that conversation the other night! We love it, but would recommend to skip the Webasto heater. The largest con, if you could really consider it such, is the cost. This melts away as you piece the construction and all the items included at that price point though. Our conclusion was that we are highly satisfied with buying the trailer.

My wife and I started backpacking many years ago. After ~5 years of that we started car camping. Once we had children, well, this camper just made sense. We love the ability to just pack up and we're able to camp remotely for a week without needing anything. If you're interested, shoot me a DM and I could give you more info.

Cheers!
Chris

P.S. a view of one side opened up. 63qt fridge, 40 gallons of water, sink w/plumbed hot water, Weber Q1000 on a swing-out, storage and counter space for days.
View attachment 2192387

Thanks. That’s a great setup. We looked at them (along with tons of other vendors as well) last year at Overland Expo. We were seriously close to pulling the trigger then. We will be back at OE this year as well and may end up pulling one home. As you say, the biggest issue is cost. It is tough for us to wrap our heads around dropping 40k on one. We kept going back and forth about whether we would enjoy a 20k trailer just as much. But when you see them all together, side by side, you really do come to appreciate how much engineering has gone into the Patriots and how insanely high the quality is.

My wife and I both have been backpacking all of our lives and we still do as much as we can, but my knees aren’t what they used to be. The truck gets us into places that are comparable to places that we used to only be able to get to on foot. We do still like tent camping though and we both question whether we would actually use the trailer enough to justify the cost. But man oh man, I really like their 4 person tent setup. It is the slickest setup I have seen.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom