Official LX570s Picture Thread (14 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Is he keeping those Cooper XLTs? I'm super curious about this tire. I had ATPs before and loved the silica-based compound. So quiet.

He’s actually replacing the 34” Coopers with something bigger today or tomorrow. Still Coopers but much larger...

Is he keeping those Cooper XLTs? I'm super curious about this tire. I had ATPs before and loved the silica-based compound. So quiet.
I switched to these Coopers about 4000 miles ago (LT285/75/17 E rated). So far, I love them. They are so quiet that I never knew my Gobi roof rack made noise before. :p

He’s actually replacing the 34” Coopers with something bigger today or tomorrow. Still Coopers but much larger...

I like how it's making the 34s look so small now. It'll be interesting once it's fitted with bigger shoes!

We’re going to be wrenching all day Saturday and likely Sunday, so you should swing by if you want. I’ll text you the location. Lots of changes - bumpers, winches, snorkel, etc are going on!

Oh man I'd love to! Heading up to Estes park tomorrow though and will be there until Monday. Having spinal surgery next week so I will be out of commission for any wrenching on my LX for a few weeks. Hoping my TJM snorkel arrives early next week and I can get that installed before surgery Thursday.

Is that just an AHC lift? It looks like it's lifted higher than I can get mine to go.

No it's a very comprehensive change - Tundra front end swap, Tundra bracket lift, body mount chop, and all kinds of stuff going on. It will be unlike any LX in the US without question.

We’re going to be wrenching all day Saturday and likely Sunday, so you should swing by if you want. I’ll text you the location. Lots of changes - bumpers, winches, snorkel, etc are going on!
definitely interested to see what all is happening. Snorkel looks good. Will you be providing details after this weekend?

definitely interested to see what all is happening. Snorkel looks good. Will you be providing details after this weekend?

I will definitely try, but this is the busiest time of the year for me at work. I'm also on the Cruise Moab planning committee and have a lot of work to do before the trip, on top of us working on the trucks to get them ready. I will have significantly more free time after Cruise Moab and will try to go back and the close the gaps.

No adventure shots of LX, but did manage to clean up my janky ass headlights with a cheap 3M headlight resto kit from Amazon.... I'll let you compare restored headlight and janky ass one....

20190419_120809.jpg

20190419_120801.jpg

20190419_120754.jpg

@Ali FJ80 It should be a fun day tomorrow if you want to stop by and see the madness. Sliders, front and rear bumpers, winches and a snorkel. Might take a while lol. @RyanR if your plans change you know you’re welcome too!

73F06D74-9871-4368-AE2F-B5D218DF63C4.jpeg
BBA9433F-4A28-49F9-ADE6-ED67629FD8E6.jpeg

Slee sliders are on and retained the factory LX rocker panels just trimmed up. I couldn’t do work this good, but Greg made it look easy. If you’re skilled with a reciprocating tool and get sliders I’d just cut the rockers like this.

3FD08961-4B2B-4BB1-95E0-3D2A392E5F0A.jpeg

Slee sliders are on and retained the factory LX rocker panels just trimmed up. I couldn’t do work this good, but Greg made it look easy. If you’re skilled with a reciprocating tool and get sliders I’d just cut the rockers like this.

View attachment 1959059
Did you guys have to take off rocker panels to cut, or did you guys do the cutting on car? Any close up pics of where you guys cut?

Did you guys have to take off rocker panels to cut, or did you guys do the cutting on car? Any close up pics of where you guys cut?

I left mine on the car to mark where I wanted to cut, then took them off. It's really pretty painless.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom