Official June Trail Ride (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
This weekend is our official monthly club trail run. Again, we are trying some new trails and “adventure” is the name of the game. Our own Mike @nohermosa pretan these trails a few weeks ago and scouted the area a bit. These are pretty easy trails with some fun off shoots for the more adventurous.

We are shooting for Magpie Creek which is just outside of the Canyon Ferry Lake area.

Some of us are heading up on Friday night to camp, I’m sure some will stay Saturday night as well.

We will plan on hitting the trail aired down and ready for the day at 10am whether you’re camping or coming out for the day.

We have a board of directors meeting tomorrow night and we will post up specific details after that concerning camp coordinates, trail meet up spot etc.

Please check back here for updates on the event.

We would like an accurate headcount if possible as last time we were planning on about 1/2 what showed. No biggie but it’ll help logistics, size of the camp site we need etc.

So who’s planning on jumping in?

I’m in and will definitely camp Friday and I’m 50/50 on Saturday nights camp.

In for Friday camping:

@REZARF
@90WT
@nohermosa

In for Saturday trail run:

@REZARF
@90WT
@nohermosa
@MTsoul
@YotaPaullie

In for Saturday night camping:

Last edited:
Count me in for the Saturday trail run.

I need to confirm a few things in regards to camping, and will follow up again here by Wednesday on my plans.

Can't make it. Heading back to Mayo this weekend. Have fun.

I'm a solid maybe. It really depends how work goes the next few days. Mostly I want to subscribe to this thread and I'm too lazy to find the subscribe button. :ban:

My firm is celebrating 50th anniversary on Friday so I may not be capable of operating a motor vehicle Friday night, but definitely maybe for Saturday.

Mark me down for the ride on Saturday. I don't think I can make Friday or Saturday night for camping - but at least I'll get some fun with the crew.

Back in April, I took my camper up Magpie Creek a few miles and there is a great reasonable spot for a group to camp in Coxcy Gulch ( two'ish miles in to the left up a 1/4 mile) off the main road. You could definitely fit 5-10 LCs up there.

46.68849, -111.64506

Google Map

Screen Shot 2022-06-23 at 12.01.56 AM.png

2022-04-30_20-40-57_444.jpg

2022-04-30_19-51-56_148.jpg

Camping spot for Friday night is the same Meetup spot Saturday morning.

46.74497, -111.52132 Gaia Link to Coordinates
From Hwy 284 take Avalanche Gulch Rd (Avalanche Creek).

As always, this is an adventure. @nohermosa might be the first one up there, mid-to-late afternoon. We'll try to get to the campsite as early as possible to stake our claim, but if someone's not there, use your radio to communicate. There may not be cell reception.

HAM freq 146.460 Mhz
FRS/GMRS channel 15 (462.550 Mhz)

See ya there!

thanks gents, I am trying to peal off work early with Mike to go claim a spot, I think we are carpooling from Bozeman around 2-3pm if anyone else can/wants to join. I think Matt @90WT is going up a bit later that afternoon?

Anyone heading out Saturday AM and want to Land Cruisaravan?

For what it is worth, I will be heading out tonight to camp the next two nights (near that area/canyon ferry). I still plan to be at the provided coordinates by 10am on Saturday. But I will miss any further communications. If things change, and I miss it, not a big deal. I will find a way to enjoy the day, I am sure. :cool: 👍

(don't count on me meeting up with the group for any of the camping...i have complicated plans with friends at the moment)

I hope to see y'all out on the trail!

20220623_210019.jpg
in a turn of events, I decided to camp tonight off of avalanche gulch road. If the crew heading up on Friday is interested, feel free to stop by and say hi. I am only about 1 mile up past the cool rock entry to the mountains. I am meeting other friends so i will have an orange cone out to our turn off that then crosses a small creek. We are just on the other side. Cheers!
20220623_204517.jpg

A few of us are rolling out from Costco at 3pm today. Feel free to join.

I am working out tomorrow's plan. Does anyone have coordinates? Also, what GMRS channel are ya all tuned into?

Not going to make it, but have a blast everyone!!

My day is not going to work to get up there. I'll catch ya all next time.

All I can say… amazing trails, in my top 5 Montana experiences so far.

A HUGE THANKS TO MIKE @nohermosa for scouting this one out. Epic trail great group. We had:

@nohermosa
@halfsmilingfj
@MTsoul
@90WT
@REZARF
@AdventureFamily
@Dave406

All in all, we had 7 rigs, two 100’s, one 62, two 4 runners, one FJC and a Taco. Great group, 8 kids, a handful of dogs too!

I’ll post up more but here’s a quick pic or two…

C8610742-920B-4B35-B9D1-202E2B1B08A7.jpeg
EFB41193-06F5-49C8-9C07-2242E99A2C40.jpeg
0EBC6B0B-B128-4509-9D16-D7925C117500.jpeg
5456A1DD-EBF3-4C62-8102-2F5BA4602721.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom