Off brand wheels and reliability/durability? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I’m looking for a new set of wheels for my GX and I’m curious to know, how many of you with cheaper off brand wheels have actually had issues with them? I love the look of the Volks TE37s but there’s no way in hell I could afford them. I know FN Wheels makes a replica but they are out of stock and aren’t answering my emails. I found another company called MST and they have a similar wheel which look good and a set of 4 is $650. Obviously the quality won’t be near actual Volks but will they be good enough? I hear it over and over again that cheaper wheels quality will be “so so” but how often do people here actually damage a cheaper wheel in a way that a more expensive one wouldn’t have been damaged? I don’t do anything super extreme but I am often on more moderate / slightly intense trails. Will I regret getting cheaper wheels? Any insight here greatly appreciated. These are the wheels I’m considering below.
FB98320A-1418-457F-BE0D-7B6D3D50D0FE.jpeg

I'm all about budget lol, i'd roll the dice.
Just carry a spare at least
Yeah totally. That’s another reason why these are more appealing, I could get 5 wheels for cheaper than 4 of even the Fn wheel version. I just can’t imagine myself actually having problems with a cheaper wheel. Wanted to see if it’s common though and if people actually often run into issues. Might just roll the dice.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom