OEM Toyota BJ74 Shock Question (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I picked up some OEM Toyota shocks for my '89 BJ74 and the part number I used for the front was 48511-69176 which is the part number given to me in the Toyota EPC. The dealer had two in stock but their computer did not say what vehicle the shocks apply to. They are dark blue compared to black for the rears. For the rear shocks I went with what what was applicable for a BJ70, part number 48531-69166. Visually what I got for the front looks the same as what is on the truck at the moment except for the color. Should I stay with what I ordered for the front or also go with a BJ70 front shock which is a different part number or can someone who has bought OEM shocks for their 70 series confirm the part numbers?

Last edited:
48511-69126 front
48531-69166 rear

Keeping the one you got is not a bad thing.

All four shocks went on with no problems. Turns out the original units were blue as well once you scratched the black paint off. While I was at it I also changed the swaybar endlink bushings to Energy Suspension pieces. That combined with the shocks has made a noticeable difference in the handling and ride of the truck.

Canuck said:
While I was at it I also changed the swaybar endlink bushings to Energy Suspension pieces.

Any part #, link or reference ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom