Ocala National Forest... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Has anyone done any wheeling/ trails in Ocala National Forest recently? I know its wicked mellow but I could use a drive in the forest. If anyone is up for a drive let me know. Its probably been 9 years since Ive been in the forest, come to think of it the last time I was there resorted in a broke windshield. Hope to not repeat that, lol...

~Al :beer:

Al, brother. Good too see you post. I can't answer your question though:doh: Probably been the same amount of time since I've been there.

Bucfl put a post up below about a possible ride through Citrus. Never been there, but it seems like it would be similar to ONF.

The Battle Wagon is laid up right now. A machinist dude has been holding one of my axles captive for three months. Claiming homestead exemption on it. Once I ever get it back, I'll come out for an outing.

Steve

hi steve last i heard ... you were working on a new truck and using the battle wagon for parts. glad your keeping that beast going its one of my favorite rigs. its ben a bit cooler out lately great weather to take drive in the woods, good idea lowtideride.

I'd like to head to citrus next Saturday. Anyone in the mood?

Alright I'll bite. What is citrus about? Where is located? Only thing I want to avoid is deep water or brackish water. Aside from that I am cool.

Steve! Glad to hear battle wag is doing well. Let me know when you get it back together. Got some big wheeling trips planned next year if you are game.

Alright I'll bite. What is citrus about? Where is located? Only thing I want to avoid is deep water or brackish water. Aside from that I am cool.

I have never been either. I don't want to go mudding too. But they seem to have some nice trails and dry areas with obstacles. Check out some YouTube videos. It's an hour away from me. Just north of Springhill.

I'd really like to camp in ONF on a Friday night then wheel in Hard Rock for the day, I'm over camping at Hard Rock at this point.

I would be down for ONF in cooler days. It would be tough to get a way with a new born now. But i can do short trips like Citrus/Withlacoochee.

Here is Citrus Florida:

Last edited:
bucfl,

Looks like Springhill is 3 hours from me. I would be down for that drive in coming weeks but have some travel to do for the next 2 weekends. Might overnight in ONF if I make the drive down to Citrus. Glad the weather is starting to break.

Will you be rocking your 100 series? The only thing I have got done to my Tacoma is 32" BFGs... So I am in the easy boat for trails for now. I would imagine a 100 series and a 2nd Gen Tacoma are pretty evenly matched.

lol...i have stock tires so it has to be easy stuff for me as well...i just have an itch...

Wife wants so take pics this Saturday. How about the following? Or What day works for you?

4 Weeks out would be the soonest I could get escape for a weekend drive. I have to fly up north for some family events and then Ill be back in the good ol state of Florida. Oct 23-25th Should work, I wouldn't mind finding a place to crash in ONF for the night as well. Ill try to get Deo (Melowe) in on the deal.

*edit - had to change wording, it's a bad thing to carry on a conversation with someone while trying to post in another....geeshhh

Last edited:
Be carefull if you run Citrus alot of the trails are closed, and there's remote camera.( ask Archie ) he received a ticket about 30 days after running Citrus. Ocala National Forest has had alot of rain so the roads are muddy/clayish if you decide to run ONF let me know I'll run with you.

The FJ Cruiser and 4Runner guys are running Hard Rock on October 24th (Saturday only).

Anyone interested?

EDIT a few FJ friends are camping in ONF the night before.

Last edited:
Cruisermatt where are those guys camping out? I might be down for hard rock but I am not sure how much I could do in a stock Tacoma.

I'm camping the night before -

I'd assume we are wheeling earlier, everyone else is in miser trucks and doesn't have to wrench on them in the morning like I do :doh:

@lowtideride yeah I'd be worried about tearing the flares off

I'm a maybe. Still trying to get an axle. I continue to get excuses from the machinist that's working on my axle.
I'll probably be unlocked as I haven't broke down and bought a locker yet to replace the one I broke.
I'm good for either location

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom