Ocala national forest question. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
IMG_3472.JPG
Traveling to Ocala area and looking for opinions. Is the national park a better spot then the hard rock 4x4 park.
Looking for a couple of hours of trails. The park looks cool but not sure of the size.

You can definitely spend all day at Hard Rock in a 100. Hard Rock is really more of a big obstacle course whereas ONF is more of dirt/mud roads. They both have their ups and downs. As for me I've spent whole days in ONF and not had to put my truck in 4wd.

I think I'll be leading a day ride at Hard Rock on Saturday, June 24th. You're welcome to join!

When are you going? ONF is not as challenging as Hard Rock. Not sure if your into geocaching, ONF has good geo spots. But as @cruisermatt stated hard rock is a fun obstacle course. Some gnarly hill climbs and decents.

Going up around second week of july, i will post the date when i lock it up. i was leaning toward the forest, but now i have to make a decision. Time to check out youtube. It would be great to have a couple of other trucks out there.

last time i went to hard rock everyone had a blast. (add rain and it just got even more interesting)

ONF gets boring to me after and hour or two of cruising around. Hard Rock is more obstacles and steep hills.

hard rock has a bit of everything so everyone can have fun no matter how lite or heavy you like to wheel. i can't do june but I'm up for something in mid July.

I'm shooting for the 9th or 10th, and it seems like the consensus is Hard Rock is the way to go.
I'll know in a couple of days.
Coordinating family schedules...

Dont rule out ONF...its cool for the family. They have nice camp grounds. A natural spring pool.. Silver Springs, that stays same temp all year around. Beautiful! Canoeing. Theres a Naval Bombing range you can take the kids to inside the forest.

Hard Rock is fun but i wouldnt camp there..thats not what its for even though you can.

I'm not much of a camper. I wish I lived closer, I'd love to spend some time exploring up there. My wife enjoys her air conditioning too much.
I just enjoy having a couple of beers, and driving my truck.

Ditto, Juniper Springs is worth a visit, whether to camp, swim or do the canoe trip.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom