O2 sensor replacement - found pig tail connector... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Guys,
Did pull the fault codes (1999 LC 100) due to ECL that came on. Turns out I have "0155", "Heater Oxygen Sensor, Bank 2, Sensor 1". Crawled under truck today and took off the plastic engine/transmission" cover. Could easily get to and loosen the sensor (needed to know this before ordering a new one). Sensor is on the right side, all looked good. Actually positively surprised how good it looked after 83K miles.

But took a peek at the left side sensor (bank 1, sensor 1) as well. All good there, but there is a small pig tail connector hanging loose just to the left of the connector for O2 sensor (will take photo tomorrow).

OK, in the US spec LC 100 there are many "empty" connectors that are used in LX470 and in diesels, so pig tails are nothing uncommon on these cars. I was sort of stunned by this one though, odd location, out of the way, and there is as far as I could see nothing comparable on the right side of the car.

Hence, anyone seen this one before and any idea of what it is used for - OR (worst case) do I have something missing where this one normally should plug into? :frown:

Appreciate any input you might have.

I have seen that under my truck too..I have a 99. But I don't know what it is either...

At least it does not sound I am missing something...

Photo's coming in about 30 minutes.

Here...
Pig tail connector down to the left.

BTW, anyone know what drain it is in the center of the picture? To me it looks like (another) drain for coolant fluid, this one on the block itself. Correct?
20070406-0158.JPG

Last edited:
Empty connectors and drain pipes

Damn, I changed my Bank 1 O2 tonight and saw this same EXACT setup under my 99 LC (I thought about submitting a new post, but found this one 1st). Does anyone have an answer? Gonna bet this is the factory setup due to Wellcraft having the same question, but it would be nice to know why... YouTube - Bueller Bueller Bueller?

Btw- if anyone is contemplating a dyi O2 replacement, I used ramps, removed the bottom covers and this was easier than :banana:. The spark plugs were more difficult. IMHO
At least it does not sound I am missing something...

Photo's coming in about 30 minutes.

Here...
Pig tail connector down to the left.

BTW, anyone know what drain it is in the center of the picture? To me it looks like (another) drain for coolant fluid, this one on the block itself. Correct?

Correct, there's one on both banks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom