NZ BJ73 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Turns out it's a voltage converter, hooked into the light circuits for the trailer plug, with very light gauge wire and extremely ghetto connections, with a hot wire from the battery routed in an exceptionally retarded route along the chassis. Better leave it in and not fry every trailer I hire. But might tidy up the wiring at some point.

Also I have a leak around my windscreen.

I'm looking for a set of those wheels as well. Looks good!

Had a problem with my intake hosing.

Probably not ideal for my engine to be sucking in huge amounts of unfiltered air, so I fixed it. Now it sounds epic sucking through the snorkel again. Hopefully it didn't ingest too much unfiltered s***. Not a great fix cos I'm a retard and bought 2" silicon and pipe off the Internet and probably would've been better off with 2 1/4 or something to match the existing crossover pipe. Whatever

Also finally tackled my extremely stubborn fuel filter, I'd looked at it before and it refused to move so I just left it, figuring it'd be fine. Got it off and a new one on after some effort. Seems to run a little nicer now. Maybe.

Hi mate, using that bit of 2" tube will work on your intake and is better than the split piece of ducting you took out but going down to 2" tube puts a restriction on the airflow through that part of the intake, the cross-sectional area of that piece of 2" tube is 3.1 square inches, the rest of the intake looks around 3" diameter so the cross-sectional area of the rest of the intake tube will be 7.1 square inches, that's quite a big difference

Hi mate, using that bit of 2" tube will work on your intake and is better than the split piece of ducting you took out but going down to 2" tube puts a restriction on the airflow through that part of the intake, the cross-sectional area of that piece of 2" tube is 3.1 square inches, the rest of the intake looks around 3" diameter so the cross-sectional area of the rest of the intake tube will be 7.1 square inches, that's quite a big difference

Yup I realised that after it arrived in the post, I didn't measure up before buying, dumb-ass mistake.

Assumed the factory crossover pipe was 2" when it's more like 2 1/3 OD , but it's thicker than the 2" alloy I used, so not too dissimilar in ID. My new bit is still smaller - but it's better than sucking a s***load of dust into my engine, for the minute

I have the same problem with my intake hose. Using tape for now...

New shoes. 10R15 Dueler ATs, not the best but cheap and will keep me on the road better than the old ones I had....

Having some starting issues which I think are related to air in the fuel lines from a stuffed fuel filter primer pump, have got a used one coming for 30 bucks, will see if it resolves things

Got bored and ground bits off the original chrome bumper so I could fit it to my modified winch housing. I like it. Then went and explored some mystery tracks to nowhere. Bridgestone ATs work ok even on clay

Got bored and ground bits off the original chrome bumper so I could fit it to my modified winch housing. I like it. Then went and explored some mystery tracks to nowhere. Bridgestone ATs work ok even on clay

Tracks any good mate?I'm allways looking for new ones......there's stuff all in chch

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom