SOLD NWFL: 2011 LX570, Twilight Gray Metallic over Black, 160k (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Year
Vehicle Model
  1. LX570
Mileage
Color
Gray
2011 LX570 with luxury package coming on the market in Gulf Breeze, FL. $25,000. I purchased this in August, 2021, with 117k miles from a fellow MUD member in South FL. He had just done the full 130k service at JM Lexus along with an AHC flush and globe replacement. He had also equipped it with brand new 17” AlphaEquipt Echos on Cooper Discoverer AT3’s (285/75r17). Since I’ve had it, I’ve put approximately 43k miles on it for a total of 160k and counting. Upon taking receipt of it, I replaced the driver’s side front CV axle, coated the undercarriage with Amsoil MPHD, and performed the sensor lift followed by an alignment.

I’ve done Royal Purple oil changes every 5k-6k miles, and at 150k I had the radiator replaced with the new-style OEM without the failure point along with an OEM alternator, water pump, and water pump pulley. I *JUST* put a new AGM battery in, as well.

The exterior is 9/10, beautiful shine to paint with no clear coat deficiencies or scratches beyond some minor stone chips. I’ve hand washed it weekly, waxed it every 2-3 months, and stripped it down to do a ceramic coat and glaze every 6 months. I will repeat this process for the buyer. I wrapped the lower bumper and the side steps in matte black vinyl to protect the paint, and have managed to scrape up the vinyl on one of the side steps doing some light off roading. It did protect the paint!

Interior is 8.5 of 10, headliner is clean and leather is in awesome condition. Light wear on driver’s seat and a small (1/2”) line in the outside lower bolster that is worn through. Has been routinely conditioned with Lexol. All wood trim is shiny and in great condition. The plastic semi-chrome bar above the center console vents shows minor wear. It has a GROM VLINE2 with wireless CarPlay—I use this daily for Spotify and Google Maps.

Mechanical/electric: 10/10. Everything just flat works. AHC, 4Lo (I engage it once a month in a dirt lot per the manual), folding mirrors, cold box, DVD player, etc etc etc. Maintained with an open checkbook. Bunch of new parts as detailed above. Tires are maybe 50-60%—they won’t die which is frustrating because I wanted to play with some different sizes/patterns (just for looks, the Discos perform great). Previous owner did not get the TPMS sensors mated when he replaced the wheels and tires so TPMS is inoperable but this can easily be rectified with new sensors at the next tire replacement. I didn’t find it worth the cost and/or trouble to do it without buying new tires as I carry a handheld inflator and check them weekly anyway. Old habits die hard.

When I purchased it, it had a clean CarFax. However, the seller did alert me (as well as publicly posting on MUD) that during his ownership it had been sideswiped in traffic, requiring replacement of two doors due to creasing. There was no airbag deployment. I’m not sure if this appears on the CarFax now or not but he provided me with all documentation of the repair performed at JM Lexus body shop as well as photos of the damage. I have not had any damage or collisions during my ownership.

The Lexus has been absolutely amazing throughout my ownership. It’s difficult to overstate how comfortable it is (like driving a la-z-boy recliner). It can go almost anywhere and feels like a bank vault…compares favorably in that regard to even a series of Mercedes sedans my dad had in the ‘90s. Everything else I ride in/drive feels like a tin can in comparison. It’s shown pretty much no wear or degradation in 2.5 years and 45k miles and I can easily see how it would go 300k+ with minor servicing.

The only reason I’m selling is, as you can see, we drive. A LOT. I initially purchased it to be a weekend warrior/road trip vehicle, but my wife’s Grand Cherokee SRT began that long, slow, Chrysler slide into unreliability and the Lexus became our daily driver. It’s KILLING me on gas lol, so I have a Tesla Model Y Performance on order that’s arriving Dec 31st. I’m sure I’ll regret this but I’ve already signed the paperwork so here we go.

As mentioned before, asking is $25,000. Throwing up a few photos to get the ad started, will take more this weekend and add them. Message me on MUD or hit me up at 954-four four four-8427 if you have any questions or want to see it. I could probably deliver for a solid offer/deposit at asking price anywhere between, say, New Orleans, Atlanta, and Orlando.

VIN is JTJHY7AXXB4080027 if you want to look it up on MyLexus or run the CarFax.

IMG_0262.jpeg

IMG_0259.jpeg

IMG_0271.jpeg

IMG_0268.jpeg

IMG_0264.jpeg

Last edited:
It does not surprise me. Not because the price, but above all.... THE HONESTY !!! What an amazing ad. Thank you for showing us how to make an open and properly made FS ad. 🙏🏿.

Best of luck on the closing. 👌🏿🙏🏿
Thanks for the kind words! I’ve found the LC/LX community to be the most straightforward and respectful car community I’ve ever been a part of (to include the dude I bought this beautiful rig from). I’ll be back someday, probably with an 80 series haha.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom