November Trail Ride (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

kept the dome temp a little higher since it was cold out, resulted in a shorter cook than expected.

the bone pulled right out... and fixed 2 ways....

leaving them in a cooler to stay warm until noon today, is too long of neither too hot or too cold (sorry, i worked in a kitchen in college so food safety is still on my mind :) ), so i'm gonna fridge them, to get them travel safe, then warm them up tomorrow with my coleman stove. i figure i'll bring extra matching alum trays, we'll pour some water between them, and make a double boiler type of thing so we don't scorch the bottoms as the coleman isn't know for a simmer function :)

i've never been to the place we're going, so if the defacto leader tomorrow wants to keep something in mind, if there's a turn off/shortcut to the overlook/field, lemme know, i'll get up there a little early and start warming these things up. i only have 2 burners, yet 3 containers (pork x2 and larger beans pan) so anyone with grill space to warm the beans, that'll come in handy.

off to get a few hours of sleep!
shoulder-sm.jpg
2ways-sm.jpg

Good food, good weather, and good friends made for a good day in the woods.

great fun. Thanks for getting it together Fernando. I cant wait to see some pics.

Great to see everyone out on the trails today--was fantastic Fall weather and a good time, for sure. Thanks to Fernando for the great pork BBQ, and all others from whom I mooched a cookie, brownie, etc.

Steve was the designated photographer, and he got some good shots despite being unfamiliar with my camera (it has a one-second delay when you press the "shoot" button!)

My link to all the photos is here

100_4146.jpg

100_4139.jpg

100_4132.jpg

100_4130.jpg

100_4123.jpg

Looks like you all had a good time and perfect weather

GREAT DAY!!!!! Had an awesome time. Thanks to Lugi for putting this together. The pork was extremely good.

Parker, those brownies were out of this world.

Great to meet Don.

Paul, great to see you and your fam again. Looks like we might need to plan a trip out to see you guys. Have any nice trails out there?

We will have pic's up at some point

Had a great time wheeling, I was surprised how different the truck felt with air in the tires. Maybe there is an air compressor in my future???

Great to see you guys again, I'm still thinkning about that chocolate cake Don.
100_1661.jpg
100_1681.jpg
100_1655.jpg

that was a good day. thanks to everyone who brought food to share, it was a nice twist vs. sitting on our own tailgates eating our own sandwiches! i look forward to pix as well since i had only my phone's camera with me. gonna click on that link above now...

january: just be careful for snow (don't ask) otherwise i'm in, schedule allowing

good to meet Don, Chris and Crash, and good to see the usual suspects :)

truck update: by the time I got home, my PS fluid had drained completely out of what may be a busted line or bad clamp, the driver's side undercarriage was all wet when i got home. turning a 3 ton truck on 12.5" wide tires without PS is for the birds, gonna get that fixed tomorrow, Ryan's headed out.

thanks to Christian for following us home on 81 and 66, it provided peace of mind.

We had a blast! It was a beautiful day.

Hope everyone made it home safely:cheers:

See Steve, you were right, there was no tree.

100_4133.jpg
100_4133.jpg

I had a blast guys, thanks for letting tag along. I enjoyed meeting everyone, drooling over all the nice rigs, and eating all the great food. I also am looking forward to some more pics. Keep me posted on a January trip.

Chris

Here are a few pics:

Kris likes it!

P1020985.JPG

Getting ready for lunch with a view:

P1020987.JPG

Kids like it too:

P1020991.JPG

Kris and Charlton warming the tailgate:

P1020999.JPG

P1030006.JPG

Fernando handing out the pork: