Nov15 2008 Monthly Meeting ( HAMOM ) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

New development, Doc brought back the 62 and the alt. quit working on the way. :crybaby: Bad thing was, he was trying to hurry so the batt. wouldn't die (it was dark) and Mt. Pleasant's Finest pulled him over for speeding.:whoops:
Well the battery died while he was getting the ticket, so I had to go get him with a battery. He was only 1/2 mile from the house.
I checked it out tonight, and it does appear to be the alt. :bang:

My Luck

I can break an anvil with a rubber ball too! :whoops: So the ticket on top of the electrical problem just seems natural,:bang::bang: thanks for coming to rescue me David. Another project for the Hammon, are you thinking of rebuilding the alt or replacing. :cheers:

I'm in!

Hiya-I is still alive-just been underground.Had to pay club dues so I could feel a part of! :)Life has been interfering w/ my cruiser habit,but I have never stopped working on her. Anyway- I'm legal again and would like to come and work this weekend. I will bring jackstands and floor jack along w/ tools.I have a center console I made from starboard marine plastic I'd like to get opinions on,and offer help if anyone wants to build one.I still have the program I cut the parts with,and they could be altered if needed. Thanks- Paul

thanks.....

wish you were there belmont as we need to talk about dates on our December meeting. Since you and GreenSeaman are the two main guys that attend.

Have a good trip......and see you upon your return.

Met another FJ owner today....has a 2008 with Offroad Package. he is co-owner of PLAY AND TRADE game store at corner of Hwy61 and Hwy 7...next to SPORTS CLIPS and TOTAL WINE. There is a CRICKET phone FJ always there too but he was gone when I went by.

The guy that has this one....is a Marine reservist going to Citadel and working at store with his partner. He may come out Saturday to meet rest of guys. If any of you play games...XBox, Playstation, etc....check him out...maybe we can get a club discount. I am sure he would appreciate the business...so he can start modding his vehicle sooner. :D He is prior owner of a Toyota Tacoma if I remember right...Pre-Runner. So not new to Toyotas...just FJ Cruisers. Stop in and introduce yourself. He is the tall guy with no hair...I am 6'3" and he is a good two inches taller than me I think...LOL

I will be in CTown that weekend, but we are going to see Disney on Ice so I can't make it to the HAMOM. I will, however, head up the finding a location for the December MB meeting. Just let me know if we want an afternoon or evening meeting, food and drink, dinner or lunch, North or South, and I will do the rest.
How is the weekend of the 10th?

BTW...I am in need of more cards. I have been dropping them on Cruisers like Johnny Appleseed. I've been seeing lots of random 40's and 60's lately. Chased one down in the Wal Mart parking lot the other day.

me too.....i am out of cards. this weekend will see how many are left in first order and whether membership wants any changes to front or back of card or to do one entirely different. Will get 500 next time...

me too.....i am out of cards. this weekend will see how many are left in first order and whether membership wants any changes to front or back of card or to do one entirely different. Will get 500 next time...

The ones I have (had) are the UC ones. My only suggetsion would be to put the mud url on it. if it isn't already.

The Location is still the same right??

looks like im in so far no overtime this weekend as of tuesday looks like some one picked up my slack eheh anything else yall need if i do show up

what about some better directions or should i just let GPS do the work ???

I'll bring more cards Sat. I am out in my wallet also.
We;ll talk about the next batch Sat also.
As far as the MUD url, it's so long, I think a link on our webpage will be better.
UC also still wants to do a web page for us .

dbenke, have you gotten back with marshall and others on the shirts....

jacks, vehicle stands, tools, ....

what do we need to bring for drinks and food (burger burn or going nearby to eat lunch??)

I was going to do it today but my internet was down this morning to get the addresses. They will ship tomorrow for sure.

I'll pick up sandwich stuff and drinks plus a few snacks Fri afternoon

Doc left two jack-stands and a set of shocks in the 62.
But the alt. will be on before then. Tires too if it rains Fri.
I got a set of 215/85/16's off of the Zamboni at the Ice Palace 5 for $150.00
They are 30 1/2 inches tall and look brand new except for the stud holes
They're were 16 available when I got mine if anyone is interested.
Goodyear Workhorse load range D agressive all terrain or mild mud terrain

This is the list so far....

1. Brock
2. dbenke
3. Maglight (at least for a while)
4. Ben Mara
5. ProInv from Florence
6. Greenseaman
7. StuRobertson
8. Shortbus

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread