For Sale Not Mine CL - Anyone check this HZJ77 out in Denver? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Saturated? wha?

A few years ago an HZJ77 topped out at around 22K CAD or mid/high 20's for a very nice example. Now 25+ USD is becoming the going rate. Prices keep going up to the point that even the 60 series are getting a bit absurd. Used to be a person could get a Cruiser for their first vehicle. Seems these days cruisers cost too much to fit into most peoples first vehicles budget.

It seems that a lot more people "want" a 70 series but if we check Ebay,Mud ,Craigslist and other sites I see a lot of rhd 7x series and even a few lhd's that are for sale for several months already. Not a sign of a very strong seller market I think.

So far I had no trouble selling any of my lhd 7x's but I am usually selling way below my Fleebay competition :)

For the first "cruiser " experience I guess a hundy is your best buy now and they frequently pop up for around 5K which is good value for your $$ I would say.

When I was in high school and later in college, I owned a Triumph. By all measures it was a piece of crap but it was unique and had character. Later in life I owned a number of vintage Land Rovers. They were not really suitable as a "daily driver" and were not overly reliable but boy did they have character. For me the 70 Series Land Cruiser falls into the same category. While the more modern Cruisers including the 100 Series are great vehicles in their own rite, in my opinion they are sorely lacking character. :)

Last edited:
A lot of the driving we did was at night, so not too many glamour shots...
IMG_2503.JPG
IMG_2442.JPG

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom