SOLD Not for the purist, functional in a special way though. 1977 FJ45/80 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Year
Vehicle Model
  1. 45 Series
Mileage
Color
Red
Where to start? This is an FJ45 affixed to an FJ80 chassis. 2.5" OME coil spring lift. Doesn't leak. Stops like you threw an anchor out. Power steering and brakes. OME 2.5" lift. BECOOL aluminum radiator. Dakota digital gauges. 46GAL fuel cell. H55f 5SPD. 414HP 383 STROKER. Consistent 12.5 MPG. 6X 285/75R16 TOYO MTs on OEM FJ80 wheels. No radio but it does have a bluetooth soundbar. This build has been used for camping and general everyday errands, reliable. This build has 2674 miles on it and will go up as I continue to use it regularly. Has been a great truck and didn't anticipate selling this one but I'm finishing up an HZJ79 and purchased a 200 last year. Ask away if I can answer any questions. I'm not posting this here because I'm looking for an argument, I'm posting because I'd like it to find a new home. I had a challenge with an FJ40 I sold a while back, please be prepared to come see it as I don't want to have any issues. Primarily interested in trades for exceptional FZJ80s and cash or multiple units at your end. I have several 2020 HZJ79 bodies and need donor chassis. I'm valuing this truck at $45K. Cash always welcome.

thumbnail_58932217589__94E3D4A1-55BB-4980-90D3-1ACBE2E04F84.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_4012 (1).jpg

Last edited:
I was asked what the body was like when this project started, here it is. I shipped this body across the country because it was extremely clean.

The motor is a new crate engine with 2672 miles. The H55f is new from Toyota with the same miles. The clutch, slave, master etc. all have the same miles. The items that are older are the Warn Winch, FJ60 Tcase, Steering column, window cranks etc. The body was in excellent shape to begin with, I shipped the body across the country for this reason. AC is new as is the ratiator. I used a March Billet pulley set which included the alternator, power steering pump, AC compressor and bracketry. I'll take some more pictures today, what do you have to trade?

78 FJ45 WA.jpg

78 FJ45 WA 4.jpg

78 FFJ45 WA 3.jpg

Last edited:
Are the axles stock or from FJ80? Gearing/lockers? Do you have pics of inside the cab? How does it drive down the freeeway?

Are the axles stock or from FJ80? Gearing/lockers? Do you have pics of inside the cab? How does it drive down the freeeway?

I'll have to see if I mentioned it, the entire chassis is an FZJ80. Axles are stock FJ80 with a rebuilt front end. Boogies down the highway for sure. Went with an HD steering box so the steering input is very light. No lockers. I have to take some interior pictures, it’s strictly business in there. Dakota digital, sound bar and racing lap belts.

Last edited:
Quick video driving. I probably should have corrected the squeaky clutch return spring by now? Funny what you notice in a video. The passenger seat rattle also bothers me in this video, LOL.

Last edited:
I did not. You will notice that while centered the front axle is slightly rearward. OEM 80 parts required for the chassis.

88 110, New - floors, doors, seals , paint , rims and tires , LED everything , wiring loom frt and bk and more.
6.2 L92 w/6l80 and new Ashcroft TC , TomWoods drive shafts , Dakota digital dash , new RN stainless exhaust , rear disc brake conversion with new bearings and brakes , new frt brakes with rebuilt swivels , ~2 lift with Fox , Super Pro bushings , Sumo stainless steering bars , new Ashcroft steering box , custom one off sliders and rear bumper .... YADAYADAYADA
IMG_1884.JPG
IMG_1887.JPG

61378880288__118F77AB-4C8C-4B4B-A505-0411788399E5.JPG
IMG_2012.JPG
IMG_1937.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom