For Sale Northern VA: 1999 LC with 215K (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

My wife and I are moving overseas at the end of June for a couple of years. I’ve struggled for months with whether to store my Cruiser or part ways. Ultimately, I have decided to sell it now and get back into another LC when we return.

I am asking $7500. She must go by June 23rd. I'm in Reston and willing to meet if anyone wants to check out the vehicle.

My Land Cruiser is a 1999 with about 215,000. She is great on the highway and has been a comfortable, reliable daily driver since I picked her up in August 2016. I wouldn’t hesitate to drive her anywhere. If not for the move, I’d be hanging on to this LC for several more years. I had big plans for her; life had others.

I believe I’m the third owner. The truck spent most of its life near Norfolk, VA and then in Wilmington, NC, so the body and undercarriage are relatively rust free for an LC in Northern Virginia. A couple of the photos give a sense of the undercarriage. I can take more. I ran the carfax when I bought it, and it came back accident free.

She does not have a rear rocker.

Maintenance since I’ve owned:
Since I was intending to keep her long-term, I’ve done a fair amount of maintenance to keep her in good mechanical shape. I took the vehicle to OTRAMM for baselining back in September 2016. He’s fantastic. Below is the list of maintenance he completed since I bought it:

Baselining at 200K:
  • Valve Cover Gaskets Replaced
  • Right and Left CV Joint Axelshaft Assemblies Replaced
  • Outer Tie Rod Ends Replaced
  • New OEM Radiator
  • New OEM shocks all around
  • Steering Rack Replaced
  • 8 New Spark Plugs
  • New Front Hood Struts
  • Heater T's

Additional Preventative Maintenance/Repairs:
  • Oil Changes every 5,000K. Last one completed on 27 May.
  • Transmission Fluid
  • Rear differential fluid
  • Brake Fluid
  • Rear brake pads and calipers at 206,000 miles.
  • Cranked torsion bars and added a 30 mm spacer to the rear
  • Replace sunroof cables
  • BFG KO2 285/75/R16 tires have about 12K on them, rotated at every oil change
  • Current VA state inspection good through May 2020
  • Front and rear passenger Weathertech floor mats
  • Note: Timing Belt last done by previous owner at 167K

Known Issues:
  • Sunroof leaks still leaks in heavy rain. Clogged drains are likely the reason.
  • Has leaked a small amount of oil for about a year. I monitor the oil level, but it’s not enough to register on the dipstick between oil changes.
  • Clearcoat on the rear passenger door is beginning to peal below the windows. I attempted to show this in the pictures but it doesn't come through well.
  • Various nicks and scrapes you’d expect on a 20-year-old daily driver parked in tight spaces.
  • The brakes are a little softer than I’d like. I would probably be doing a front brake job if I were keeping her.
I’m happy to answer any and all questions you have. I can also take additional pictures of specific areas. Given the amount of preventative maintenance I’ve done on her, I think you can expect several more good years. Hope one of you all can give her a good home.

Hi @rvest1 I’m in DC and happen to be looking for a truck. Considering both 100s and 80s. Are you available around noon on Saturday or Sunday morning for me to come take a look?

I'm guessing the truck is already gone or you have already moved. I wish I could trade you wheels and tires + cash. I live near Norfolk now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom