North Carolina. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I am located in Raleigh, NC. The cruiser scene in Raleigh is weak, bunch of rovers and jeeps. I have a '99 100 series. No rock crawling but powerline trails, moderate to difficult and more difficult as I get more vehicle protection (sliders are next). Uwharrie is fun.

Talk to you soon,

Andrew

sup guys,

yeah, let me know if y'all head down towards charlotte. i live just south of there in sc, but i'm away most of the time down at clemson.

if y'all know of any decent stuff anywhere in souther nc, i'd love to know about it.

and yeah uwharrie is pretty cool,

jonathan
jmalphr@clemson.edu

I too am in Raleigh NC. The cruiser population is kinda low. I'm surprised I've never seen your 100 series... I know something like that would pop out at me. I've also got a 96' 4Runner on 33's that's lifted, locked, and lighted. You may have seen it... it has no front bumper right now, and it started the original craze w/ the spares in the rack thats rampant in Raleigh now... I did that like 4 years ago, and people are still putting their STOCK spares in Surco racks b/c it " looks cool. " Ok... back on topic...

Power lines are abundant, but don't let some fool you... the mud around here is a bane to our 80 and 100 series rigs... WEIGHT=bad for mud. My 4Runner runs circles around my 80 in mud, especially out at Kemp Road and out at the now defunct Poole Road muddin' holes. Uhwarrie is cool, and we're planning a run and some camping sometime soon. I just broke a Newfield this past weekend, so I gotta change it. If anybody wants to come help, they're more than welcome! (I live in Cary) Tellico is much more fun, and universally known as the Moab/Rubicon of the east. I've wheeled all of Moab and CO in my 80 and some in my 4Runner, and when people see my NC tag they inevitably ask about Tellico. I've wheeled out by Lake Jordan as well, near Sharon Harris, but the MP's in the Humvee's are starting to not take kindly to that w/ the implementation of the whole Homeland Security thing, so I tend to stay away from there now. That leaves Kemp Road (in North Raleigh) and Uhwarrie within reasonable driving distance. If anybody is ever up for some wheeling, PLEASE drop me a line. I only have a few LC buddies that actually wheel their rigs (the rest are too squeamish about scratches and such) and everyone else is into muddin' and not crawlin' or actual wheelin. The rest of my friends wheel 4Runners and (shudder) Jeeps. I'd love to meet up w/ the NC contingent, and maybe even start a club... Our motto could be. " I understand the Jeep thing... I love em' they taste like chicken. " :D

Nobody else? Hmph... where's that Carolina/Toyota pride?

It is funny you mention the tire in the rack thing, that trips me out, I know the guys in the old Gran Cherokees do that because the spare was inside the vehicle. I am on my 5 th LC, the 1st one still is riding around cary, '91 two/tone (champagne over brown), ARB bumper, OME Lift. I had all those options in '97. When I took this two/tone LC in to get the lift the jeep guys were like what is this thing?

I prefer creeping and tiptoeing to mud bogging. Everybody that sees my truck is like, I know where a good mud hole is. I am like OK. Why in the hell are you telling me? Never done real rocks, would like to one day.

The 100 is big but as a family hauler and moderator to hard offroader, I will take it.

I am originally from NC and everyone always ask, why didn't you get a tahoe/expedition/sequioa. I usually say nothing because like they always say, If you have to ask, then you will never understand.

I'll second that! My 80 series is definitely too heavy power-to-weight ratio wise to be a mud runner. My 4Runner does better for that... Besides, mud is way to expensive... parts break, etc... ugh. Oh wait... I just broke something in my driveway. Hmph. I think I've seen your old two-tone... we need to meet up!

J

i live in mooresville, lake norman -- just north of charlotte

there is a 4ROC (4Runners Owners Club) trail ride this monday & tuesday in Uwharrie (1st meeting) would have brought my FJ40 but being built

i am sure they wouldnt mind a few cruisers coming along as long as you bring a yota

check out yotatech.com under NC section of 4ROC

I live down in Columbia, SC. Pretty much just mud down here :-\. Although I've still got a stocker :-X working on the OME, CHick-Fil-A doesnt pay good but kicks a$$ for free food. Anyone wana donate me some money thats cool. Ya, everyones Idea of off-roading down here i finding a dirt road that is flooded on the edges and has moderate deapth and going through it "for the look". Couple of cool guys mostly rednecks in various "clubs" rangeing from "Dirty Deed 4x4" to "Big Dirty Trucks".

i know some 4runner guys are heading to Uwharrie on the 4,5, and 6th. My cruiser is not gonna make any trips for a long while. but my 4runner is always ready to go. it would be killer for a bunch of cruisers to meet up with the runners. i was trying to get them to go the tellico but they fear body damage (pu$$ys)

check out yotatech.com, then yotatech community, then 4ROC, then North Carolina

I am located in Greenville, SC and belong to Upstate Cruisers. We are planning a trail ride the last of September in NC. We are also planning on a weekend trip to Uwharrie in October. I will be sure and keep y'all posted on the details. It would be great to get some new guys from the Carolinas involved especially some Yotas other than Cruisers. Not that Cruisers are'nt the sh#t, it's just that we don't really have anybody in the club wheeling other than cruisers. We already have a good mix of people from North and South Carolina. Uwharrie is fun we had one guy bust his 55 up last time we were there, (a tree ran into his window pillar), it's a long story best to be told over a few beers. Take care.

-Mongo

Come check out NC4x4.com

Hi guys Im new here but have been on other boards for awhile.

Just thought I would let you know of a local BBS for us. Its open to all makes of rigs. Come check it out and sign up, its free!

We are around 425 members strong right now and are growing every day.

Local Board, nc4x4.com

hmmm upstate cruisers. im lower state but maybe i can join in on the fun one of these days. I live Charleston SC. Mostly mud but we have a few little hills. But yeah im going to try to hook up with a cruiser club and get in some trail time. Good to know we have some east coast people.

sup tclndcrz,

there are a couple guys from down your way in the club, IIRC. i go to clemson, and that's where i ran into some of the guys. i'm still not official (the check's in the mail. i swear. haha), but i have gone to a couple of events. great bunch of people and a lot of fun.

i have a couple of friends down in beaufort. went down there 2 weekends ago and killed when we went shrimpin. i mean killed em.

if you ever need a place to stay up this way, the couch in my apartment is yours if you want it.

have a good one,
jonathan
jmalphr@clemson.edu

[quote author=72cruiser link=board=4;threadid=3697;start=msg52607#msg52607 date=1066599226]

if you ever need a place to stay up this way, the couch in my apartment is yours if you want it.

[/quote]

thanks man. I go up to clemson every once and awhile to chill with some friends. Next time i go ill let you know.

sounds good.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom