For Sale [NorCal] 80-Series 4.88 Gears/Install Kits (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
This is a complete setup, all brand new stuff purchased from Just Differentials a few years ago:

Front and rear Nitro 4.88 ring and pinion gears
Master install kits for E-locked differentials

They've been sitting in my garage, and I've decided I'll stick with the stock gears for my particular truck.

$800 shipped to the lower 48 for the whole package. Would rather not split up.

PM or email me (djsixbillion@gmail.com) with any questions.

-SOLD-

Last edited:
Bumping this back to the top, any interest?

Do you know if there is a significant difference between the e-lock install kits and non-locker?

Do you know if there is a significant difference between the e-lock install kits and non-locker?

Looks like there is - if you check the justdifferentials.com website they are two separate part numbers and the price for the e-locker install kit is about $100 more.

Bump and a price drop, how about $800 obo? Had a PM from someone interested in just the install kits, so if another party wants just the gears, perhaps we can work something out.

Hmmmmmm .... subscribed ....

I have lockers and I might be interested. What is the effect of 4.88 ratio? I'm running 33" tires.

I have lockers and I might be interested. What is the effect of 4.88 ratio? I'm running 33" tires.

Lots of discussion on this in the 80-series tech forum, here's just one big thread I came up with in a quick search:

https://forum.ih8mud.com/80-series-tech/408513-4-88-gearing-will-i-glad-regret.html

In short, going from the stock 4.10:1 gears to 4.88:1 will increase the operating rpm of the engine by about 19% at any given road speed. This can help compensate for larger than stock tires by allowing the engine to operate in its optimal powerband more often. There is much debate on what gear ratio is appropriate for each specific tire size, and I'll leave that for you to research!

Bump to the top again.

PM sent..

SOLD.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom