SOLD NorCal: 2005 Lexus LX470 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Year
Vehicle Model
  1. LX470
Mileage
228K miles, clean title, smogged, Araco built, all stock, California vehicle, JTJHT00W853549883
$24,000

I have owned this LX for the last two years and 15,000 miles. During my ownership I have replaced:

Upper and lower front control arms (Toyota)
All 4 front balljoints (Toyota)
All front control arm bushings (Toyota)
Steering rack (Toyota)
Outer tie rods (Toyota)
Both CV shafts (Cardone HD)
Both engine mounts and trans mount (Toyota)
All 4 suspension accumulators/globes (Toyota)
All 5 rear control arms and their bushings (Toyota)
All swaybar hardware and bushings (Toyota)
All suspension nuts/bolts removed replaced with OE Toyota hardware
Both catalytic converters (Toyota)
All 4 O2 sensors (Denso)
All 8 coilpacks (Denso)
Sparkplugs (NGK)
Tires (Michelin Defender LTX)
Battery (Napa Platinum)
AC recharged

This vehicle has been extensively maintained throughout its life. All recent suspension work performed by a Toyota Master Service technician. Current timing belt was changed at 180,000 miles. Water pump changed at 90,000 miles. Radiator at 180,000 miles.

You can email me for the Car Fax and the Lexus dealership service history report or run them yourself.

AHC system (auto leveling, and high/low suspension modes) functions well, fluid was flushed during my ownership.

This is an extremely clean, well maintained vehicle, but it still has 200k+ miles on it and is not perfect. There are some small rattles in the interior, and some buttons no longer work (seat memory, seat lumbar), etc. There are lots of small rock chips on the front as well as small scratches on the front bumper and in some places along the car. With that said it wears original paint on all of its metal bodywork (checked with a paint depth meter) and all panels (including front crash beam) wear their original VIN tags. Underbody is original and has not been coated or treated with any aftermarket rust inhibitors.

Mark Levinson system sounds good and the original speakers have been “fixed” (ML speakers tend to blow out and require re-gluing to fix the issue). I have added bluetooth connectivity to stream from a phone to the stock system. Third row seats are included. Rear DVD system works.

Issues:
-Suspension rides stiffer than I think it should. Nothing is broken but I suspect a “shock” change is needed to make it ride like a “magic carpet” as they did new. This is a common issue with LXs.

-One of the balljoint boots has a tear in it. I'm not sure how this happened as it is brand new. I have an entire new control arm+balljoint assembly from Toyota to replace it, but have not installed it yet.

-Sunroof leaks. This is a common issue with LXs, the drainage passages need to be cleaned out.

-More wind noise than I think it should have. Front windshield trim was replaced with OE Toyota pieces but may need to be adjusted to get perfect. This is also a common issue with LXs.

Extras:
New alternator, tensioner, serpentine belt (Toyota)
Original CV shafts
3L of Toyota AHC suspension fluid
4L of Toyota transmission fluid
2L of Royal Purple 75W-90 gear oil (both diffs, tcase fluid)

lx470sale-9.jpg
lx470sale-10.jpg
lx470sale-8.jpg
lx470sale-7.jpg
lx470sale-13.jpg
lx470sale-1.jpg
lx470sale-3.jpg
lx470sale-14.jpg
lx470sale-16.jpg

lx470sale-12.jpg

Price drop: $21,500

If you're new to the 100 series: steering rack, radiator, balljoints, cv's are common maintenance items at 200k miles. This vehicle has had ALL of those items done. I baselined it with the intention of bullet proof reliability because I needed it for long distance work trips. There is around $8k in parts alone in this truck's recent maintenance.

Walk around and driving video. I hosed off the undercarriage for the video, still a couple wet spots because of it. This vehicle leaks nothing.

Perfect vehicle for someone who wants to get in and stack thousands of miles on. Also an excellent start to mod if you want to go that route. Needs nothing, ready for adventure.

IMG_1046.jpg

IMG_3180.jpg

IMG_2937.jpg

IMG_3328.jpg

If still available, where is it in Sacramento @burntsalad?

You mentioned a rear DVD system, is this a factory unit that mounts over head with headphones?
Very nice job on the video I'm surprised no one is rushing to get the keys from you. GLWS

You mentioned a rear DVD system, is this a factory unit that mounts over head with headphones?
Very nice job on the video I'm surprised no one is rushing to get the keys from you. GLWS
Yes factory system. Remote and headsets included though the headsets are pretty beat up.

Thanks!

Last edited:
Weekend bump, lots of enthusiasm but no money in my hand yet. This vehicle is extremely dialed in, dealer maintained. No "base line" required. Ready to mod or enjoy as is.

$19,500

Last edited:
Great truck but you lost me at "sunroof leaks" since I live in a wet state. That may be whats preventing the sale honestly. Not knocking it just trying to help.

Great truck but you lost me at "sunroof leaks" since I live in a wet state. That may be whats preventing the sale honestly. Not knocking it just trying to help.
That's interesting feedback. I'll fix it in the next few days if it doesn't sell. If that's a deal breaker for you make sure you specifically ask sellers, because as far as I know this is a common 100 issue, though fixable.

Damn, this is a good deal and I live in Sacramento. Had I known I would have bought this instead of my 80 series, though I do love my cruiser.

Good luck with sale!

Damn, this is a good deal and I live in Sacramento. Had I known I would have bought this instead of my 80 series, though I do love my cruiser.

Good luck with sale!
Thanks! To be honest I’m suprised no one has bought it yet. You would literally spend more than the asking price at Lexus just for the recent work it’s had done to it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom