Nor Cal Fj40 - 12/74 - Nice (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Nor Cal Fj40 - <<<<<<<<<SOLD>>>>>

• roughly 90k original miles
  • California Spec and in CA its whole life
    Repainted by PO original color - decent but not great job
  • New w/maybe 10 miles on all that follows - Tires , powdercoat rims, SOR 2 " suspension, Hella Halogen Headlight conversion, recovered seats with new foam bottoms, new dash, new tuffy stereo center console, front seat belts, desmog with Jim C carb, Fj60 distributor recurved by Jim C , new radiator, 2f valve cover, water pump, all hoses, retrofit coolant recovery tank, Downey ceramic header and custom exhaust routed over skid plate, New clutch + rear main etc, rear axle completely gone through.

What it needs:
    • I have relocated the Alternator to the 2f location to make room for power steering, that needs to be installed,
    Misc stuff:
    • Comes with hard doors, all smog stuff I removed, rear bumperetts, rear step and factory hubcaps - NO hardtop

Extra stuff not incl in sale but can be for $-
      Complete Full Disk conversion, FJ60 Fronts +Rear Disk conversion, New Disk Brake Master Cyl, ( I really mean complete with Stainless lines, new steering arms, bearings etc)

Rear Confer Bench seat

Set of factory white wagon wheels in perfect shape

Mini Truck Power Steering box
Please call me for more info: 916 217 zero five eight zero

Thanks,
Alex
LC1.JPG
LC8.JPG
LC7.JPG

Last edited:
Everythings included!

Well after gettng more objective and less emotional about letting my 2 year project go:crybaby: I decided to include all the stuff I was originally going to make optional soooo...
...for a fellow mudder that is willing to roll up their sleeves for a weekend or two and install the disk brakes, top and MT power steering - you will have one of the nicer "stock-ish" 40's around - for what I think is a reasonable 13 grand -:cheers:

Anyone at 12,500? If not I am gonna go ahead and paint the top bows and install...I have seen similar trucks on evilbay going for much more but you all would tell me if I was missing something and too high on my price right?;)

Top is ON! Looks pretty sweet

OK - I painted the bows this past weekend and installed the top - Looks pretty nice I think, I wish I could keep it. I would love to see this rig go to a fellow mudder but if I dont get any interest by this weekend I am going to put it up on evilbay.

Thanks, Alex
IMGP1856.JPG
IMGP1858.JPG

3 speed or 4 speed?

Jeremy

Its a 4 speed - the build date is 12/74 so its the transition year - has the better oiling of the 2f, 4speed and a few other things that changed when they went from the old,old school to the just old school :)

last bump

installed bumperetts and factory rear step - made a couple tweaks and drove it about 30 miles today to say good bye:crybaby:

ebay bound - hate to do it but I need to sell - anyone?

That is nice 40, I wish I had the money to either buy yours or fix up mine nice like your :(

watched this thing on ebay. too bad it didnt sell. really too bad i'm on the east coast. you think it would make the trip across country? That would be one helluva ride. Would you look at me crazy if i showed up at the local airport with a bunch of cash and a sleeping bag?

seriously nice looking rig. are you gonna do the brakes and steering before you list it again?

Very nice rig! I can't belive someone has not jumped on it yet! I am sure you will get what you want for it, if you can wait it out.

did you advertise it on craigslist and sor?!

good luck with the sale bud. sweet little cruiser! :beer:

Thanks for the bumps / kind words guys. I have been traveling for work lately so I have not had time to think about what i am gonna do with it...starting to talk myself into keeping it but then realize how little it is getting used. Maybe if I think about it long enough the kids will grow up and I can get back to it :)

Seriously - it is still for sale for the time being.

drewcruikshank- I think that would be an epic trip if you kept it under 200 miles a day...it would probably make it but you might need medical attention for your back after the trip. :) I would ship it but who am i to tell you what to do - if you show up with a fist full of cash you can drive it wherever you want.
l8r,
Alex

Well I have compounded the problem of selling the 40 by identifying my next toy - I would be willing to take 11k for the truck only (no parts but I'll make a hellava deal!) at this point. If I cant get that I'll keep it. Am I smokin' it to think an uncut, zero rust, improved 40 is not worth 11k?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom