Non US Market - 100/105 Series Picture Thread (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

4A008F64-CF1A-4042-8060-0B7F71C87C83.jpeg

Cheers

I don't think you could get a turbo diesel in the 105. Folks I spoke with warned me they are a beast off road, but dogs on road as a result. NO experience other than hearsay, I'll admit.
I saw one HDJ105 for sale in Spain that appeared to be factory. It said hdj105 on the VIN tag on the firewall - I think it had the 1HD-T. I didn't save the pictures. It was too nice and too expensive for me...

I had heard the underpowered on the highway take and was a bit hesitant to import mine due to this, but it was unfounded. On the highway the HZJ105 is fine. I drove mine across canada, could easily speed if I wanted, and it felt like one of the more capable/speedy highway vehicles I have owned. Although most of my vehicles have been old leaf sprung 4x4s or other diesels so I am used to "momentum driving". I could see the 1HZ being a dog if you really weighed it down or lived at elevation with a lot of steep highway grades. Mine has 300k kms, is stock, and has a recently rebuilt injector pump.

A photo from the other day to contribute.

20221029_151535.jpg

Last edited:
Out of curiosity, is the 4.7L (and 5.7L also, for that matter) V8 engine option common/popular in countries where there are too many remote areas (e.g. Australia) and gasoline may be harder to get (compared to USA)? How do the owners deal with the low gas mileage to get adequate range (maybe big aux tank?), and are their engines still long-lasting to reach 1 million miles if they use any lower grade gasoline than the equivalent of "87 octane" in the US? (Say in really remote areas it's hard for owners adhere to "premium gas only" rule for their LX470/570 right? Or even 87 Octane for LC. May often have to use whatever is available.)
I can commonly get well over 1k km on full main and sub tanks. 1HD and manual tranny.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom