No tail lights, Parking Lights, Console Lights (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Are the front bulbs actually ok? They are not robust. Check them.

That other wiring in the rear is the recall work Mr. T performed for your year truck. If you don't tow, it is fine to leave it disconnected. If you are gonna tow, you'll need it.

The fronts have new bulbs. I don't plan to tow anytime soon, so I rolled up the wiring inside along with the other wiring and the controller box then stuffed it inside the fender.

The rear lamps work when the parking lights are selected, but the fronts still don't turn on, correct?

This is the one that has always stumped me and the mechanics. I switched out the dimmer to see if that was bad but plugging in the new one resulted in the fuse blowing and no parking lights all around.

Currently have the dimmer disconnected which causes me to lose the hvac and all center console lights when I turn on the headlights but at least I don't lose my lights.

So found out what was causing my issue. Seems that the POs stereo installer decided to twist the ground and power illumination wires together. Nice recipe to loss lights and blow fuses on the regular.

Are you still fighting this issue?

Thanks for checking. Still with me. Though back to work until next weekend. Fronts are the only issue now.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom