No sound from driver's front speaker after bluetooth phone call. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I tried searching but didn't find anything so here goes my first tech related post. This issue is in my 2004 LX470 with Mark Levinson system. When I complete a phone call over bluetooth the audio does not return to the front driver's side speaker. This resets once I turn the ignition off then back on. I would like to know if anyone has had the same problem and what can be done to fix it.

I have the exact same issue. I get no sound from any speakers after a bluetooth call until turning off the ignition BUT the problem is intermittent. Looking for help!

I have the exact same issue. I get no sound from any speakers after a bluetooth call until turning off the ignition BUT the problem is intermittent. Looking for help!
Yep, that's my same problem. It's not a big enough deal for me to take it in for service but if there is a chance I could fix it I would love to.

Yep, that's my same problem. It's not a big enough deal for me to take it in for service but if there is a chance I could fix it I would love to.

Same issue here.

Common to 2004 models. You need a new amp.

ok thanks for the heads up.... i've got some other stereo issues as well on the 2004 ML front - sweet!

Sorry I was short the other day. I was a bit busy. There is a TSB right on point. I had it, but fixed mine and threw it away. Google should produce a copy of it. Good luck!

Per TSB the replacement part number for lexus:
86280–0W052 (This is the new part number)
Amplifier Assembly, Stereo Component.

Man this is great! Thanks for digging around for this... I hadn't seen that you posted more info until just now. Much appreciated! I'm also thinking through some other amp related stereo issues right now so this will give me something to chew on. Thank again!:beer::beer::beer:

Wow! Part number 86280–0W052 is a cool $1000 from a quick search. Any other ideas?

Wow! Part number 86280–0W052 is a cool $1000 from a quick search. Any other ideas?

I have found that many people have gone with aftermarket. So my plan is to have my local stereo store install a suitable replacement when I get fed up with it.
Turning the radio off before taking or making a call seems to be alleviating the problem currently.

Do you happen to know if you can go after market for just the stereo but keep the OEM amp for the nav and MTD? That's what I'm having trouble figuring out.

Do you happen to know if you can go after market for just the stereo but keep the OEM amp for the nav and MTD? That's what I'm having trouble figuring out.

To answer your question, no I dont know.

Since I have Nav and climate control integrated into my ML stereo's display unit, it will be very difficult to find someone to pull all this out and correctly wire it all back up with aftermarket. I have yet to find an appropriate harness (bc of Nav and climate).

I prefer to get a quality amp and continue using the existing (working) system.

My driver's side front speaker developed a screechy tin-like vibration sound many months ago. It comes and goes. I replaced all the speakers, but that same one still sounds likes it's blown. Decided it has to be the amp.

I see the OEM amp goes for $600+ for my 2005 LC. Any cheaper alternatives?

I'm not a big audiphile guy, but my son's Scion xB has better sound than my truck. Should be the other way around!

I've got nav, so I'm not looking to replace the whole system. Just get it back to like-new would be adequit.

I have found that if I listen to a voicemail and kill it from the screen it resets and allows me to hear the radio.

I also found this was a cool $2,000 on many sites. I don't know I am that fed up yet. The frustrating part is that it is something that was fixed as part of warranty (aka a "Secret Recall") back in the day.

Just found this thread after having a complete loss of sound today. I now realize I've had this TSB issue for years. I'm wondering if my complete loss of sound is related?

From the searching I've done it looks like I need to check fuses and go from there.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom