No power to fuse box or ignition switch (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
81 BJ42 with 3B (24 V)
In process of finishing engine install of the original 3b from the 13B that blew a hole through the piston. Had the 3B running and after I pulled the instrument cluster without disconnecting the battery ground, now I have no power when I turn the the key. No power to any fuses/fuse box. I checked the fusible link, and fuses coming off the battery in the engine bay and I am getting power to those . I don't have power to anything in the cab with exception to this wire I am holding in the pic below. -see pic below. This wire is hot with or without key in ignition. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

By the way, I searched the forum for BJ42 24 V wiring schematic and didn't find anything that was an exact match. I did find a post from Otterav a few years back posting that he had this wiring schematic available upon request. I started a conversation with him but haven't heard back yet. If any of you know him and wouldn't mind reaching out to him, I would greatly appreicate it. This BJ42 was my daily driver and I am trying to get it back on the road as soon as I can. I could really use that wiring schematic since I am working with mixed wiring from the previous 13 B and the current 3B.
Thanks

IMG_9932.jpeg

sorry mate electricals on pvo work and then you doing what you have done with a different engine, don't think anyone can help online. Nothing but hunting and checking every earth and connection. Start at the battery and work from there..not sure if you had super glow but a wilson switch does make it a bit simpler.

1. Need to warm glows.
2. Need the starter to kick with gusto.

sorry mate electricals on pvo work and then you doing what you have done with a different engine, don't think anyone can help online. Nothing but hunting and checking every earth and connection. Start at the battery and work from there..not sure if you had super glow but a wilson switch does make it a bit simpler.

1. Need to warm glows.

1. Need to warm glows.
Thanks. My buddy found it while testing the wire that connects to the other side of the fusible link. It was an added wire by someone and it was secured with a wire nut and electrical tape. When I was pulling my primer pump to try and fix the leak, just before I removed the instrument cluster, I must have put enough pressure on the wire while leaning over the truck and I loosened the connection under the electrical tape. When my friend was moving the wires around testing them , he moved it enough to get sufficient contact and I was able to get all the power to the cab as usual. I removed the wire nut and connected it properly and now all is good...at least with that area of the vehicle. There are several other wire nuts here and there and I am trying to pick my battles.
Here is the photo of the problem that we fixed.

IMG_9937.jpeg

1. Need to warm glows.
Thanks. My buddy found it while testing the wire that connects to the other side of the fusible link. It was a added wire by someone and secured with a wire nut and electrical tape. When I was pulling my primer pump, just before I removed the instrument cluster, I must have put enough pressure to loosen the connection under the electrical tap. When he was moving the wires around testing them , he moved it enough to get contact and I was able to get all the power to the cab as usual. When removed the wire nut and connected it properly and now all is good...at least with that area of the vehicle. There are several other wire nuts here and there and I am trying to pick my battles.
Here is the photo of the problem.
that's not generic factory attachment! 😁M

that's not generic factory attachment! 😁
Most definitely. I am still in dire need of an exact BJ42 wiring diagram. Any leads to getting it would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom