No more side steps (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

rex in bama

SILVER Star
Threads
A surprisingly easy job, just needed a couple of beers to get me started!

B78018F3-F2F8-4A66-BCB4-C688F939B866.jpeg

You cut the plastic trim and reinstalled? I just did that to mine. I installed sliders, but held onto the steps. Just this week I trimmed up the plastic and reinstalled it. Makes a huge difference in my mind. It bothered me every time I looked at it!

So, what are the next steps?!

You cut the plastic trim and reinstalled? I just did that to mine. I installed sliders, but held onto the steps. Just this week I trimmed up the plastic and reinstalled it. Makes a huge difference in my mind. It bothered me every time I looked at it!

So, what are the next steps?!
Have been looking at roof racks (rhino), but these rockers are now looking a bit exposed. May need to move sliders up the list.

I kept my running boards on my land cruiser, and mangled them over time. They did seem to protect the body seam, though. Without them, if you're going to drive over downed trees, or climb over some big rocks, it might be worth it to get the sliders. I use my roof rack all the time, though. For me, the rack was a priority, in terms of functionality.

Sliders are also a hard point for jacking after you get your suspension too high to use your factory bottle jack and have to get a Hi-Lift.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom