No 5th gear (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Last week I jinxed myself about changing fluid as now
Ok my 2003 landcruiser won’t engage 5th I don’t think torque converter is slipping as no over heat problems these are the codes I get after clearing with techstream . It’s doing 2100rpm at 50 mph Help. Would the faulty knock sensor cause it not to go into 5th. Would the knock senso fault cause it not to go in 5th?

5943C355-F999-44F4-9BF1-8BE35EA63997.jpeg

Last edited:
Last week I jinxed myself about changing fluid as now
Ok my 2003 landcruiser won’t engage 5th I don’t think torque converter is slipping as no over heat problems these are the codes I get after clearing with techstream . It’s doing 2100rpm at 50 mph Help. Would the faulty knock sensor cause it not to go into 5th. Would the knock senso fault cause it not to go in 5th?

View attachment 2674746
Wow so no one one here can help

I'm no expert by any means, but I wouldn't think a knock sensor would cause a shifting issue. If all was fine until your fluid change, I'd probably start by confirming your ATF fluid level. Make sure the transmission is in the correct temp range when you check as well.

I'm no expert by any means, but I wouldn't think a knock sensor would cause a shifting issue. If all was fine until your fluid change, I'd probably start by confirming your ATF fluid level. Make sure the transmission is in the correct temp range when you check as well.
Thanks for your help I didn’t change fluid I was going to , however I managed to clear knock sensor code and now shifts great again so I’ve ordered a knock sensor to keep as a spare just incase

Thanks for your help I didn’t change fluid I was going to , however I managed to clear knock sensor code and now shifts great again so I’ve ordered a knock sensor to keep as a spare just incase

Very interesting... I wouldn't have guessed that. I got an intermittently bad knock sensor and it seems to have no ill effect of my '01 with the 4 speed. Glad you got it sorted out!

Very interesting... I wouldn't have guessed that. I got an intermittently bad knock sensor and it seems to have no ill effect of my '01 with the 4 speed. Glad you got it sorted out!
It could be the 5 speed box year 2003 facelift has a few more bells and whistles . More to go wrong
Anyway thanks

Won’t miss yours luckily there are some good people on here
I have attached a picture of the knock sensor wires black and white . Black is bank 1. So as a get u home fix if say bank 1 knock fails cut black and join to white this makes ecu think all is ok. Double check wiring colours as this is uk spec and I repeat only a get u home measure

CEC50D55-269A-4943-B2BE-A5E2E1265166.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom