Next big expedition (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

DSC_0689.JPG
DSC_0692.JPG
DSC_0695.JPG
DSC_0703.JPG
DSC_0705.JPG

Great pics and stories! How did food work out for the trip? I assume everyone had a 12v fridge who was carrying it? Were there water sources along the way? Any of the guys with Jerry cans need the extra fuel? How'd the Garmin unit work for communication? Any changes to the way you guys prepped, supplies you'd bring/leave if you did it again?

All had fridge/freezers except myself and Rob; I have an Orca cooler and Rob has similar. The cold nights (sub freezing) worked to our advantage with regards to the coolers...ice lasted days, restocked once.

Several of us were carrying the 6-gal "cube" water containers, others had the traditional 'jerry cans'. I restocked water in Moab on the fifth night of the expedition, and assume others did, too. Water was available in Green River, Hanksville, Halls Crossing, then Blanding, Moab. There was one fresh water source roughly midway on the Kokopelli, IIRC, a livestock windmill well.

I only recall seeing anyone use aux fuel on the Kokopelli, morning of the last day driving; not out of necessity but we were stopped for a break so they used that time to transfer.

I think Rob used the sat-phone on the morning following Rose Garden Hill, to call NAPA and then Moab Motorsports. I remember it 'dropped' the call once, but that may have been due to the receiving end, too (@DriverRob).

Our trip was void of rain/precipitation, and it was late enough in the season that the sun was not uncomfortably hot. I had removed my awning in anticipation of this--any other time of year I may have kept it in order to provide overhead cover. I carried my 'usual' repair parts--mechanical fuel pump, fuel line, coolant hoses, belts, brake cylinder (rear drum), u-joints, tie-rod-ends.

Wow these photos are practically better than the real trip. In all seriousness, Tracy, Steve, Crusha and myself are the four who have done all the past three western trips in the past three years. (Cruise Moab, Schmukster Colorado adventure, and this one). Crusha gets a special nod because him and Fireball did a separate South Utah adventure the year before Cruise Moab. All great, but without hesitation, this was the best and I think I speak for everyone.

We should do a photo book on Shutterfly , Mpix or one of the sites. Bart’s photos are amazing, but we also need to add the Heritage Museum photos from SLC. Once we complete the book, we can all order it separately for shipping and have the proper memories recorded. It was an unbelievable trip, and trust me as I know what a really good trip is. This one was outta site!

The Heritage museum has the greatest front door ever. Pretty much a bumper sticker on a steel security door, on a side industrial road in Salt Lake. Behind the door is just about every cruiser model ever built in immaculate restored or survivor condition. Cruiser Dan is on duty to tell you about everything. A great end to a great trip. Here is the door and photos next.
2987C5CF-201E-4AA0-B86B-22D085F77FE3.jpeg

Wow these photos are practically better than the real trip. In all seriousness, Tracy, Steve, Crusha and myself are the four who have done all the past three western trips in the past three years. (Cruise Moab, Schmukster Colorado adventure, and this one). Crusha gets a special nod because him and Fireball did a separate South Utah adventure the year before Cruise Moab. All great, but without hesitation, this was the best and I think I speak for everyone.

We should do a photo book on Shutterfly , Mpix or one of the sites. Bart’s photos are amazing, but we also need to add the Heritage Museum photos from SLC. Once we complete the book, we can all order it separately for shipping and have the proper memories recorded. It was an unbelievable trip, and trust me as I know what a really good trip is. This one was outta site!

I'm absolutely for this. I have photos from the Kokopelli yet to post as well.

Damn can't say how much I enjoy the pictures and videos. Awesome!!!!!!

You would have loved these trails, Gary!
We missed having you as part of the group, but, we at least had Bob to be the butt of old man jokes!

@Tikicruiser here's the truck we should buy to go to the Rubicon! Toyota Land Cruiser FJ40

Less than 2hrs from the start of the Rubicon, and conveniently located near Valley Hybrids for the pre-run tune up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom