newbie with questions (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
If the PO of my 1980 fj40 put in a 250 Chevy Inline 6, does that mean he had to replace the driveshafts? or could he have used the existing ones (and tranny cases).

Also, any tips on removing my rear driveshaft? I have tried to take the yokes off but can't seem to budge the bolts. Any tips would be greatly appreciated.

Chaka

chances are that if he didn't have to move the tranny/tcase than you got the same driveshafts :dunno: As for the bolts, alot of liquid wrench and plenty of time for it to soak in usually works for me, oh yeah and a big breaker bar :D

A blow torch is the best tool I've ever used on seized bolts, heat up the nut (almost cherry red if the nut is really stuborn), not he bolt, then rapidly cool it with water. Break out the breaker bar (you may not even need it), the bolts should come undone. :G

i hope the wrench route will do it, i am hesitant to use a torch so close to the gas tank (especially a leaky one). Actually that is the reason i am taking the driveshaft off, i have to replace the tank.

Thanks for the tips
Chaka

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom